PDA

View Full Version : Power Pack and dBpowerampReference

anleva
07-15-2007, 04:57 PM
I just downloaded dBpowerampReference for trial. It did not include Power Pack. Is Power Pack not supported with dBpowerampReference?

I'd like to do things like change file tags and names and believe Power Pack is for this purpose. Is this true?

Also if I'd like to apply Replay Gain to a number of existing Flac files can I do that through Power Pack? How would I go about this?

Thanks,

Andy

LtData
07-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Reference includes all of the PowerPack features plus some Reference-only features. See here for a list of features: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/db-versions.htm

Yes, use the "ReplayGain" utility codec to do this. If you have multiple-directories of files, use Batch Converter (formerly File Selector) to do so.

anleva
07-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Reference includes all of the PowerPack features plus some Reference-only features. See here for a list of features: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/db-versions.htm

Yes, use the "ReplayGain" utility codec to do this. If you have multiple-directories of files, use Batch Converter (formerly File Selector) to do so.

Please clarify. I'm confused about using batch converter as I don't want to convert my files, just replay gain them. If I use batch converter the convert menu appears and I have to choose what format to convert them too. I don't want to convert format. Should I choose Flac so I end up converting Flac -> Flac and then adding the Replay Gain DSP to accomplish this? This seems odd and inefficient. Is another conversion really happening? What am I missing here?

LtData
07-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Download and install the ReplayGain codec from Codec Central and then pick that as the format you want to convert to. That will only apply ReplayGain to your files and not do any conversions.

anleva
07-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Ahhhh. Thanks LTData, works perfectly.

Another question. How can I embed the album art to multiple files at once? I see I can do it a file at a time, but haven't figured out how to do it for all the files on a CD at one time. Is this possible?

LtData
07-15-2007, 07:36 PM
The only current way to do this is if you already have the folder.jpg in the same folder as the songs, use the "ID Tag Update" utility codec, go to the "Manipulation" tab, then check "import album art from folder.jpg"

anleva
07-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks again. However, when I tried that I receive a CoreConverter.exe error message. I am able to add the album art file by file, but the ID Tag Update utility doesn't work.

LtData
07-15-2007, 08:13 PM
This is for your FLAC files, correct? And for each folder with files you are wanting to add album art to, you have a "folder.jpg" in that folder, correct?

anleva
07-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Yes, this is for my flac files and folder.jpg is in the same folder. I wonder if there is some issue with types of tags? The files weren't created with dBpoweramp. They were done with EAC in the past.

Spoon
07-16-2007, 03:28 AM
If you have 1 file which crashes when adding album art to, then please email me the FLAC file and the album art.

anleva
07-16-2007, 01:33 PM
It was only one FLAC CD out of many apparently. Everything else is working fine. Maybe I had some corrupt files or something, but I have been successful with my other CD's.

Spoon
07-16-2007, 02:56 PM
If it is repeatable hen we can possibly remove the crash.