PDA

View Full Version : mass converting from ogg to mp3

Unregistered
11-27-2002, 02:58 PM
Now, I have a c:\mp3 directory filled with ripped files, split into subdirs, some of them (the most) are mp3, a few ones mp3pro, some ogg.

When I want to make up a compilation to a cd, I have to firstly manually reconvert back to mp3 all those oggs and this is very annoying, for the whole process takes much time.

I would appreciate it very much if I could mass convert all the *.ogg files it finds in c:\mp3 and punt them in c:\converted under the same dir and subdir they originally were in c:\mp3. This way, I could keep a parallel mp3 version of my library and use it on the fly whenever I want to make a compilation.

Do you know if you can use dbpoweramp converter to perform such a task?

BTW this is the best sw to handle music files, I always use it to rip. It is simple and great.

Thank you.

Unregistered
11-27-2002, 03:17 PM
When you say you convert ogg to mp3, you mean directly?? if so thats transcoding and a big no-no, I definately would not advise doing this despite the fact that within this software you are able to.

Spoon
11-28-2002, 03:52 AM
He might have a good reason - to make up a compilation CD, perhaps for a mp3 cd player.

Anyhow, download the 'File Selector' addon for dMC - this will allow you to select 'File Types' of just ogg and convert an entire folder.

Unregistered
11-28-2002, 08:38 AM
Indeed, I have to built this compilation for a mp3 portable player!

I love vorbis, but this thingy does not read it as yet (they are working on it but no use right now).

So I need this conversion just as long as they do not release the new firmware.

Thank you for you suggestion, I will try and let you know.

Unregistered
11-28-2002, 10:07 AM
I confirm it works well...! A question, which could be a suggestion for a future release: when you use all this the second time, the converter converts again all the *.ogg files it finds, and overwrite the ones it created last time... this is useless, it should avoid to convert again those files whose destination name exists and is the same of the would-converted file or, else, it should mark a file as already converted into the file or into a separate log, as long as the user do not wipe it.

Thanks again for your help.

Spoon
11-28-2002, 01:19 PM
I will put in a feature request :)