PDA

View Full Version : Track 1 is always artist unknown

Richie Turner
07-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi, Just spent Sunday ripping a selection of CD's to WAV using WMP. Used WMP because had most success with its database recognising my CD collection. Have just tried to batch convert some of these WAV's to mp3 using dbpoweramp and it always seems to miss naming track 1. Is this a trial feature or a known bug. I want to let the batch converter get on with processing all the WAVs (aboput 200 albums )over night but renaming all the track 1's defeats the object. Any help much appreciated
Many Thanks

Spoon
07-02-2007, 04:46 PM
No limitations for the trial.

Hold the mouse over one of the source files to see the tags within.

Richie Turner
07-03-2007, 04:03 AM
Thanks. It appears WMP has done this?
When i turned off the 'auto rip on insert cd ' function it solved this problem.
Now i have the problem that when dbpoweramp converts from the WAV to mp3 vbr highset quality it does not assign track numbers.
Should this be so? Or is this again a WMP fault
. When i hover over the individual files there appears to be no field for track number in the tag

Spoon
07-03-2007, 04:38 AM
No track number in tag, means no track number.

Richie Turner
07-03-2007, 06:24 AM
Thanks. Do you know of an alternative cd ripper to wav THAT WILL include track numbers. My Aim is
Rip all CDs to WAV using internet to auto create artist/album/track/track no.
back up WAVs
Convert all WAV's to highest rate MP3 (usuable in itunes and WMP) using dbpoweramp
Am i asking for too much expecting the WAV rip to create all the tag info for converting to MP3?

LtData
07-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Why WAV? Why not use a lossless format that supports tags, such as FLAC, Wavpack, Monkey's Audio, etc? WAV tags are very limited and not universally supported.