PDA

View Full Version : dbPowerAmp won't play mp3

Daasie
06-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Sorry if it's been said before - searching returned pages of hits with no hint of appropriateness and I'm confident that folk who have this problem will want to find the solution quickly.

I was trying to add some tracks using New Track Lookout but it would only add tracks that were already listed. I (eventually) got down to adding individual tracks, but when I got to the folder level, no tracks were listed, as if the folder were empty. Went through Explorer and tried to play an mp3 in dap, no go. Same file played in WMP just fine. Went to MMC and tried an existent mp3 and it skipped via Random Play to an ogg file. I've noticed that it's been skipping files during random play - I have not looked into additional causes.

Right-clicking the file shows the Convert to- option and test conversion is apparently successful - no real notes or indicators. Could somebody tell me how to resolve this, please? Thanks!

From the Configuration:

dBpoweramp Music Converter
Release 12.2
Registration Status
mp3 License & Power Pack: Registered
All Media Guide: 25 Days Access Remaining

dBpoweramp Audio Player
Release 3 Beta 6

dBpoweramp CD Writer: Registered
Release 2

Sveta Portable Audio: Registered
Release 5

Codecs Installed

Encoders (write)

Monkeys Audio Release 9 (Monkeys Audio v3.99)
.ape
mp3 (Lame) Lame 3.97
.mp3
Test Conversion
Wave Release 12.2
.wav

Decoders (read)

CD Decoder Release 12.2
.cda
Monkeys Audio Decoder
.ape
mp3 Decoder Release 12.2
.m2a, .mp1, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpga, .mpx
Wave Decoder Release 12.2
.wav

Install on Demand

FLAC .flac
Apple Lossless .m4a
m4a Nero (AAC) .mp4
Musepack .mpc
Ogg Vorbis .ogg
Real Audio (Helix) .ra
Windows Media Audio 10 .wma
WavPack .wv
AAC (Advanced Audio Compression) (read only) .aac
Midi (read only) .mid
Shorten (read only) .shn

Wayne
06-28-2007, 02:37 PM
I see that you are using dMC r12.2 so have you installed everything as suggested here http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm?

I suspect that you have installed everything into the same location and the mp3 decoder for dAP has been replaced by the release 12.2 version that comes with the latest version of the music converter.

LtData
06-28-2007, 07:47 PM
As Wayne said, do you have dAP and dMC r12 installed to the same location?

Daasie
06-29-2007, 12:12 AM
That's probably it. Thanks for the quick answer.

I upgraded hoping to fix a volume loss issue (was a quirk of the software) I was looking to find why CDWriter wasn't working and found those instructions. My single-minded self didn't notice dap on the list. Sadly, the instructions turned to blahblahblah in my head.

If I uninstall v12.2 can I just reinstall v.11.5 and be back where I should be? Cuz this gettin' to be too much trouble for my failing intellect and I'm thinkin' I need to look for something more intuitive.

12.2 sure is pretty, though. I liked what I used of it.

LtData
06-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Yes, you can just uninstall r12.2 and install r11.5 to that location. Make sure, though, that you uninstall all of your current r12 codecs and install only r11.5 Legacy codecs.