PDA

View Full Version : R12.2 reference dynamic naming problem

TarkusShakti
06-28-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm having a problem with dynamic naming in Ref 12.2. I'm trying to code this:
If there is no artist tag, then name the file "original path\original filename"; else name the file: artist\artist - year_album\track title.

I've tried:
[IFVALUE][artist],[artist]\[artist] - [year]_[album]\[track] [title],[origpath]\[origfilename][]

which names all files in the "strnovalue" fashion

and
[IFVALUE]artist,[artist]\[artist] - [year]_[album]\[track] [title],[origpath]\[origfilename][]

which names all files in the "strifvalue" fashion

What is the tag argument supposed to be?

thanks
TS

Spoon
06-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Works for me (tried 2 monkeys audio files, one with and one without artist, rght click >> convert to, added your line and did the List / Rename and it shows both correct paths).

Spoon
06-28-2007, 04:07 PM
[IFVALUE]artist,[artist]\[artist] - [year]_[album]\[track] [title],[origpath]\[origfilename][]

Was the correct one. Which files are you converting from? it is as though they all have artist tags.

TarkusShakti
06-28-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm converting from flac -> mp3 (lame). Here are the results of converting two Bruce Hornsby songs (with tags) and two genesis songs (without tags):

G:\02\02 - _\ The Musical Box
G:\01\01 - _\ For Absent Friends
G:\Bruce Hornsby\Bruce Hornsby - 2004_Greatest Radio Hits
G:\Bruce Hornsby\Bruce Hornsby - 2004_Greatest Radio Hits

This is using this:

Must be a bug then...I'm running WinXP SP2, configuration is in my sig...

Can it be said (about dynamic naming) that "artist" is a tag and "[artist]" is a tag value?

TS

Spoon
06-29-2007, 10:36 AM
What are the original filenames for all 4 files?

TarkusShakti
06-29-2007, 11:43 AM
What are the original filenames for all 4 files?

\Bruce Hornsby - 2004_Greatest Radio Hits\The Way It Is.flac
\Bruce Hornsby - 2004_Greatest Radio Hits\Mandolin Rain.flac
\Genesis - 1971_Nursery Cryme\For Absent Friends.flac
\Genesis - 1971_Nursery Cryme\The Musical Box.flac

also, in my last post I neglected to provide the finished filenames for the mp3s - they are:

\01\01 - _\ For Absent Friends.mp3
\02\02 - _\ The Musical Box.mp3
\Bruce Hornsby\Bruce Hornsby - 2004_Greatest Radio Hits\01 The Way It Is.mp3
\Bruce Hornsby\Bruce Hornsby - 2004_Greatest Radio Hits\02 Mandolin Rain.mp3

TS

TarkusShakti
06-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Can it be said (about dynamic naming) that "artist" is a tag and "[artist]" is a tag value?

TS

Can I get an answer here too?

Spoon
06-30-2007, 01:24 PM
>Can it be said (about dynamic naming) that "artist" is a tag and "[artist]" is a tag value?

Yes

Open note pad and drop one of the files with supposidly no artist onto notepad, make sure word wrap is switched on and loo for the tag block (near the start), can you see ARTIST= there?

TarkusShakti
06-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Open note pad and drop one of the files with supposidly no artist onto notepad, make sure word wrap is switched on and loo for the tag block (near the start), can you see ARTIST= there?

Nope not there... I guess mp3tag, tagscanner and your own "right-click in explorer tag editor" are correct and there are no tags in that file!

Here's one more for you: If the conversion window is minimized when it finishes, all the buttons on it disappear when you restore the window... Been like this since R12.0.

PS those red lines under words in the Edit Post window means those words might be mis-spelled.

TS

TarkusShakti
06-30-2007, 03:30 PM
I created some new flacs without tags and stripped tags from some existing flacs and they still fail to produce the expected results with Dynamic Naming. Maybe it's time to look at the code vs. my flac files...

TS

Spoon
07-01-2007, 05:34 AM
will look asap.

Spoon
07-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Here is what I did:

Create 2 flacs from the same file, used dbpoweramp to remove the artist from one, then converted flac >> flac with dynamic naming:

bob\[IFVALUE]artist,[artist]\[artist] - [year]_[album]\[track] [title],[origpath]\[origfilename][]

They both went into different folders correctly named.

TarkusShakti
07-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Here is what I did:

Create 2 flacs from the same file, used dbpoweramp to remove the artist from one, then converted flac >> flac with dynamic naming:

bob\[IFVALUE]artist,[artist]\[artist] - [year]_[album]\[track] [title],[origpath]\[origfilename][]

They both went into different folders correctly named.

...and what OS did you do this under? I'm using WinXP SP2.

TS

TarkusShakti
07-02-2007, 11:48 AM
I think I have found out why we are experiencing different results.

Dynamic Naming works if the tag is empty, but doesn't work if there is no tag at all. You should try a file which has never had a tag or a program (TagScanner) which removes the tag entirely.

TS

Spoon
07-05-2007, 04:53 AM
I might be wrong, but if a file has no tags, dbpoweramp creates an artist and title tag from the filename automatically.

TarkusShakti
07-07-2007, 04:45 PM
For the purpose of creating a tag from no information; a non-existent tag should be equivalent to an empty tag.

I hope you fix this in Dynamic Naming...

TS