PDA

View Full Version : Ripping problem with BenQ drive

Evil Disco Guy
06-25-2007, 08:27 PM
I have two optical drives, a BenQ DVD DC DW1670 and a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R5112. The BenQ is my primary drive but every now and then I have problems when ripping. It's only happened a few times but it's making me wonder.

Basically I rip a CD and when it comes to the last track or two the drive slows down, goes through two passes and normally ends up having to re-rip a small amount. Normally the AccurateRip result is good and the CRCs match but it's annoying/worrying. If I then put the disc into my Toshiba drive I have no problems at all (plus same AccurateRip and CRC results).

Any reason? Is it because the BenQ is ripping at a much faster speed than the Toshiba?

LtData
06-25-2007, 10:39 PM
If your drive is re-ripping some of it and it happens on many discs in a row, your CD drive might be dropping down to PIO mode, see here for an explanation: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4619

If that is not the problem, then I believe dMC is set to vary the speed with each pass and, of course, slower reading normally means better results.

Spoon
06-26-2007, 04:30 AM
Many drives have problems reading the last section of cds, some drives are worse than others.