PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with multiple artists

mange
06-15-2007, 07:08 AM
Problem arises if there is multiple artists in the artist field.

1: Artists is in the artist field seperated with "; " (note the space after the ;).
With this setting the actual tag written is "Artist/Artist2" - bug?

2: Artists is in the artist field seperated with ";" (not a space after the ;).
With this setting tag written is correct, "Artist;Artist2". But if you, like me have dynamic file naming settings to handle compilations then file naming will go as compilation. In my case that will result with a "Various Artists" folder. - bug?

This naming setting was used: [IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][IFVALUE][album artist],[album artist],[artist][][]\[album].[year]\[IFMULTI][DISC][][track][IFCOMP] - [ARTIST][] - [title]

Spoon
06-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Converting to which format?

mange
06-15-2007, 09:37 PM
i only had tested when converting to mp3 LAME.

Now also tested with ogg and flac wich had these results.
1: with "; " including space everything seem ok. Artists saved in seperate artist tags.
2: without the space ";". Track treated as compilation, artists saved in one artist tag. 2 bugs?

Also tested with Fraunhofer
1: Artist field with "; " including space gets transformed into "/" in tag.
2: Artist field without the space ";". Track treated as compilation, artists saved in one artist tag. Bonus: composers was in cd ripper seperated with ";", in tag they are seperated with "/".

Spoon
06-16-2007, 05:21 AM
>Artist/Artist2

For id3v2 tags, that is the correct way of storing multiple artists, good programs will be able to split out the multiple artists.

mange
06-16-2007, 05:29 AM
And the compilation behaviour is a feature?

Spoon
06-16-2007, 09:09 AM
It is to be looked at, currently if there are different artists then it is a compilation regardless of the compilation check box, it will probabbly change to the check box.

LtData
06-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Spoon, I think what he means is that if there isn't a space after the semi-colon, then there is only one Artist tag and the file is a Compilation.

Spoon
06-16-2007, 04:30 PM
If there is no space ie:

artist1;artist2

then it should not be picked up as multi artist, or a compilation?