PDA

View Full Version : Optimal CD Ripping Guide

cmedford
06-05-2007, 02:11 PM
I've recently downloaded and installed dBpoweramp CD Ripper v12.1 and have read the help file/user guide, however, I'm looking for a guide which essentially gives the best options to pick for the best possible rip. As part of this, for example, should I use the LAME or Fraunhofer encoder?

Basically, I'm new at ripping and would like to see a guide on what the optimal setup would be.

Thanks,
Chyld

Rollo
09-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Bump

I have an online friend wishing to try out the program, and I'm trying to point him to a setup guide for secure ripping. Haven't found one yet. I told him it was fairly idiot proof, but.... well, ya know.

Magnus_CA
09-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Yes, this is really in need for all encoding formats. A sticky that entails a Dummy's guide to secure mode encoding in all formats would be much appreciated. I've had to piece together how best to set up the CD Ripper program by a handful of posts on the support forum. I also learned much by sifting through EAC specific threads at hydrogenaudio, since these programs are very similar. I know the word "optimal" is application specific but I bet there is an ideal configuration for a wide variety of dMC users. When it comes down to it there aren't that many options to configure, but it can still be intimidating to the virgin ripper.

Something along the lines of this (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=30959) but created for dbpoweramp would be ideal.

billm
05-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Basically, I'm new at ripping and would like to see a guide on what the optimal setup would be.

Any progress on this, would like a guide to confirm my settings are correct.

stealle
05-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Any progress on this, would like a guide to confirm my settings are correct.

Just about every program I've encountered like this has a guide. It boggles me that dbpoweramp does not have a guide. While I appreciate the quick response I usually get when I ask a question in this forum. I'm really surprised that nobody wants to make a guide so newbs can be referred to a guide as opposed to answering the same questions over and over.