PDA

View Full Version : registered update troubles

kmack
06-02-2007, 12:14 PM
hello - trying most of the morning to get the updated version of the db converter.

Currently when I click on the "initiate registered link" to do this msn declares that it can't find the page and keeps defaulting to their search page with your link on it.

Before this - when I could get the page, I was getting the x one gets when a graphic is missing or not loading. I know your site reads that "certain firewalls are too aggresive" so I uninstalled my security system with no success.

This is a lot of trouble to get an update that is rightfully mine. Other sites that offer updates do not encounter such difficulties. Have you folks considered changing your system and using something that is more attainable by the average customer? This is my second major encounter with such problems... the first time I eventually got through, but do I really need to spend my entire Saturday trying to get an update from you?

Meanwhile - is there anything that can be done for me? Thanks - Kenny

Spoon
06-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Install the unregistered (not reference trial) version over the top of the older registered version, it will stay registered.

LtData
06-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Plenty of people can access the registered link retrieval, so the problem seems to be on your end in some manner.
Have you rebooted since uninstalling your security software? Are you running any other form of security software? What browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser or computer?

barryem
06-02-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm also having trouble with the update page. All seems to go well until it asks for the password. I enter the it gives me and the password and it rejects and keeps asking.

I did install the unregistered version over the registered version and it now tells me I have a 30 day trial version.

I accept that others are having no problems but somehow that doesn't seem to help much. :)

What's the next step?

Barry

Spoon
06-02-2007, 06:47 PM
See the last paragraph on this page:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

LtData
06-02-2007, 08:09 PM
barryem: did you tell the installer to NOT uninstall the old version? You have to leave the old version installed to keep your registered status.

barryem
06-04-2007, 08:00 PM
I tried everything again and again. I never could get the registered latest version. I did install it over the existing registered 12.0 version and it didn't register.

I did solve the immediate problem by uninstalling the previous version and re-installing it. I again have the registered 12.0 as a result but I'm happy enough with that for now. However, I'd eventually like to upgrade so my upgrade path doesn't end here. It may be that I can install 12.1 over the freshly installed 12.0 now. I may try that.

I realize that your page is working for most people but it isn't working for everyone and I think you should look into it. For the moment I've given up on it. Although if you want to do some testing and I can help, since I seem to have the problem, I'll be happy to. You have my email address on file. I don't come to this forum that often but if you email me I'll be glad to try it with you watching if that will help.

Barry

LtData
06-04-2007, 10:00 PM
A quick check: the username and password you entered to download the file, was it the one displayed on the page with the download link?