PDA

View Full Version : Regarding eliminating voices in a song, can someone help me?

Johnasonlin
05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Dear Developer,

I was wondering if any of these softwares support the function of eliminating a song's voices. I work in a KTV business in Taiwan, where we buy songs from music industries and convert the song file into a song that allows customers to sing without hearing the actual singer singing the song.

If so I would be interested in purchasing the software product.

Thank you very much.

LtData
05-16-2007, 11:26 AM
You can somewhat remove voices using the "Karoke" DSP effect. In my experience, this mostly removes the vocals, though you can still hear the voices in the background. Note that you need the PowerPack, or Reference, to use DSP effects.

The DSP effects are found in the Beta section of this forum.

xoas
05-16-2007, 08:39 PM
You might want to review this desscription of this DSP to see if it will meet your needs:

Either voice or instruments (leaving the voice) can be removed from an audio piece. The effect requires a stereo audio file, where the singer was mastered into the centre of the two speakers, not all audio tracks are like this. For those that are there will still be a small amount of instrument or voice in the background.
(from the DSP Help file).

Best wishes,
Bill

KJim
05-31-2007, 05:32 AM
There are a few ways to do this, technically speaking:

1. THE PHASE CANCELLATION METHOD
Get an instrumental of a song, invert the phase (sometimes refered to as flipping), and mix it with the original.. If done right everything besides the vocal is cancelled out. You can do this in any sequencer like cubase or acid.. The instrumental must be excatly the same time/pitch however. and mp3s might not work if they are badly encoded. Zoom right in to see the 2 waveforms next to each other (look for kick drum hits) and line them up.

2. THE KNOCKOUT METHOD
using 'knock0ut' (http://www.freewebs.com/st3pan0va/) you can spectrally subtract one piece of audio from another. Start by extracting the centre mono of a track (soundforge or cooledit will do it with the pan/expand feature). then try and make an instrumental out of loops from the track and 'knock them out' of the vocal parts. This can work even if the instrumental isn't excatly the same as the song.

3. OTHER METHODS
Besides these methods you can try Cool edits (now audition) noise reduction feature, which is very powerful. Analyse a bit of instrumental and get a profile (6000 or 4096FFT is a good size).. reduce than from the whole song.
You can also try the soundhack spectral plugins and Voxengo's Transmodder to futher reduce spikey nosies like drums.. (don't ask me how .. its all trial and error).

Don't expect miracles though...