PDA

View Full Version : r12 disappears upon launch

klaatu
05-09-2007, 07:01 PM
I don’t know if this has been posted before, but when I launch dMC with other apps running, it shows up for a split second and then disappears. Minimizing the app running in the foreground makes dMC appear again. OS: WinXP SP2, build 2600.

LtData
05-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Update to r12.1 at the link below if you are using a Registered version of the PowerPack or the free version, or use the Registered Link retrieval to get a new registered install of Reference.

klaatu
05-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Installed r12.1, and am having the same problem with it.

xoas
05-13-2007, 02:09 PM
What other apps do you have running? What is your processor speed and RAM?

klaatu
05-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Outlook, Word, Excel, IE. 3 GHz Pentium 4. 2GB RAM.

xoas
05-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Does it minimize to the task bar menu on the bottom?
I found that opening CD Ripper with Word open does this but it is very easily called up by clicking on the taskbar.

I find this a little surprising (opening dMC to convert existing files does NOT behave in this manner, for example and I have not known CD Ripper to perform in this matter.

On the other hand, it is no big inconvenience (although it would be if I could not call it up from the taskbar) for me. If you cannot access from the taskbar, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Bill

LtData
05-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Try right-clicking the taskbar icon and clicking Restore, or try right-clicking the taskbar icon and clicking "Move" then use the arrow keys to move the window to make sure it is visible.

klaatu
05-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Does it minimize to the task bar menu on the bottom?

Bill,
It does not minimize to the task bar menu initially (happened to me again just now). It (the CD Ripper, anyway) just appears for a split second after being launched, then disappears without any visual trace at all, except an All Music Guide logo that sticks around for a few seconds (like the Cheshire cat's smile) before fading. If I minimize the app in front, the Ripper reappears, both the main window and on the task bar menu, which continues to display properly from that point on.

It's not a big inconvenience and is easy to work around. Just doing my bug reporting duty.

Spoon
06-07-2007, 04:17 AM
>If I minimize the app in front

Sorry which app is this?

BigScreen
06-07-2007, 01:56 PM
I am having this issue with the Batch Music Converter. Once the conversion process begins, the window disappears and the taskbar shows the process running with a changing percentage until it displays [Finished].

My only option is to close the program using the right click.

This is using dMC 12.1 (verified by going into Configuration Manager) on Windows XP.

I saw the forum message about this bug being fixed in 12.1, but I already have 12.1. I thought that perhaps there was a newer build, so I downloaded the local mirror:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/bin/dMC-r12.1.exe

and it comes up and reports that the version currently installed is 12.1. I didn't want to brick the installation so I didn't re-install, as I was unsure whether doing so would clear my registration info.

Spoon
06-08-2007, 04:57 AM
The next R12.2 beta (or full release) will have further fixes on this.