PDA

View Full Version : How to programmatically take output from cd ripper to input into encoding script?

sidewalking
04-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I am new to development, but I am going to try to write a script/utility (vb.net or maybe an AutoIT or VBS) to take cd output from dbpoweramp cd input (or even EAC) to pass input to WavPack's three exe's:

wavpack.exe (encode)
wvgain.exe (replaygain)
wvunpack.exe (verify option)

I could probably get it to roll with WAV files afterward, but I would like to see if there is a way to interface with the direct output of each file (is it stdout that I am trying to describe here?) so that the ripped temp output would just run through each of those three processes and then be finalized, thus moving onto the next track on the cd.

Flac will encode, verify, and add replaygain values with one encoder but I would like to use WavPack. This would make life easier to use it as I need to verify and RG the files and I have yet to see any WavPack frontends that will make use of all three functions here (maybe I should get a feature request in to Spoon ;) ).

How hard would it be to do what I am trying to accomplish? I think if I use AutoIT I would need to use the RunWait or ProcessWait functions but don’t know what input to get to them.

Thanks! :smile2:

Spoon
04-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Why not use dBpoweramp Wavpack codec? it can verify and replaygain.