PDA

View Full Version : track offset

hiperpinguino
11-12-2002, 09:13 PM
Here's a little problem that I've mentioned in the past, but it's become really bothersome recently, so I thought I'd bring it up again.
Up until a few beta releases ago, DMC Audio CD Input worked fine on my computer. Now, however, tracks start and end at somewhat skewed places- the start of one track will be stuck in at the end of the previous one, and so on. I've tried messing with the track offset function, but it seems that no matter what offset I choose, a few tracks still get screwed up.

Now that DAP can play Audio CDs, the problem has transferred over to it as well- tracks end with the beginning of the next track, and each subsequent track is likewise cut off in the beginning.

I'm assuming that this is some kind of bug that got stuck in a recent beta (it's only been happening for about a month or so), but I'm not sure. Thanks for whatever help you might be able to provide. :smile2:

Spoon
11-17-2002, 08:10 AM
After you have set the track offset to 0 and ripp, exit Audio CD Input and do Start >> Run:

regedit.exe

browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\C DGrab

TrackOffset should be 0, is it?

hiperpinguino
11-17-2002, 07:17 PM
Yes, DriveOffset=0.

Spoon
11-18-2002, 03:49 AM
Odd, has anyone else seen this?

hiperpinguino
11-18-2002, 10:38 PM
Here's another interesting development- I tried running Audio CD Input with my second cd drive and it works fine. Could be that my drive's just messed up, you never know:supersmil

Spoon
11-19-2002, 03:48 AM
Yes it does sound like it is down to the drive, you could try setting a Drive Offset on the Options page.