PDA

View Full Version : you're starting to irritate me

booch11
04-14-2007, 12:21 AM
i have a registered version of 11.5 -- downloaded and installed 12.0 without reading the instruction to NOT uninstall 11.5. ok fine -- i did uninstall. you offered no instructions to not do so at the point of downloading -- i had to go look for the install instructions and warning.

so, the "30 day trial" of 12.0 ended in one friggin' day.
i uninstalled 12.0 and now 11.5 will not re-install as a registered version.
what gives?
your program is very good but you're making me jump through a lot of hoops to get something to work that I paid for.

if 12.0 won't work -- fine.
let me have 11.5 back and make it easy for me.
my guess is you will not give me a straight answer but do what you've done so far, and point me to yet another link.
i paid for your product -- please assist me -- don't just piss me off.
there are dozens of links at torrent sites to get your product for free -- i chose to pay -- should that not mean something to you?
ps -- this is the only method of contacting support -- where is a contact us page with a simple email?

Wayne
04-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Do need to panic. Follow the instructions on this page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/ and redownload the registered version of 11.5.

Afterwards I suggest that you keep a copy in a safe place.

If you already have a registered version of dMC r11.5 I suggest that you perform a complete unistall of dMC before attempting a reinstallation.

Wayne

LtData
04-14-2007, 07:53 AM
Due to the fact that there is one actual staff member of Illustrate (Spoon), doing support by e-mail is not an option. I believe Winamp is the same way with supporting their product only in forums.

And yes, you choosing to pay does mean something. Thank you.

Total uninstall instructions: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

Out of my curiosity: why are you going back to dMC r11.5?

booch11
04-14-2007, 08:23 PM
first of thanks for the reply -- sorry about the vitriol. frustration -- so it goes.
after making the initial mistake of uninstalling 11.5, i figured, "well, 12.0 works and i have 30 days to figure out how to make 12 a registered copy." but the next day, 12.0 was no longer functional -- trial period ended.
so, since i use it all the time, i simply figured i would reinstall my copy of
dMC-11.5-registered.exe and all would fine.
so, no issues with 12 -- actually like the shorten support. just wanted a functional version.
my plan is to completely uninstall everything, reinstall 11.5, will not install all the available codec packs, download and install 12.0 BUT NOT UNINSTALL 11.5. then install all 12.0 codec packs.
should that work?

ps -- the reason i was having issues with the link to the registration page is i no longer have the registraion order number. i have the original regged exe -- when i purchased a new laptop, i simply reinstalled via the regged exe and everything had worked fine. so when i reach "Step 2 Enter your registration Order Number," i cannot because i don't have it. thoughts?

LtData
04-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Read the bottom of the page:
If you do not have your order number and you made your purchase within two years, you can get your order looked up and a manual download link sent out.