PDA

View Full Version : Can I purchase a hard copy?

psycom
04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
I don't like buying things without a hard copy cd to install it with. Things happen to hard drives and then I've got to try and reload from your site. I see someone right now is having that exact problem and you've not been able to fix it yet. so he sits without what he paid for 2 years ago.

SO... Where is the installation CD? Do I need to purchase something else somewhere else? Does anybody have any suggestions about what might be a better alternative?

LtData
04-08-2007, 05:47 PM
All Illustrate products are available for online purchase only.

To avoid problems, print out your receipt that you get after you order the product. This will have your order number, enabling you to re-download the product at any point. The problem people are having is that they are either not printing out a hard copy or are losing the hard copy and then their computer crashes. Purchases up to 2 years old can be looked up and new install links sent out.

Also, which person have we not been able to help yet? If we missed a post, could you link to it here?

psycom
04-08-2007, 07:14 PM
The issue with someone else was in Mid March so you must have gotten it taken care of. I saw nothing more posted on it.

Now I have read some disturbing reviews which bring up new issues such as you've raised your fees but that's not posted. It's not 14 bucks but 18. And you've gone backwards in you're new version by removing mpeg4.

And finally you're charging the mpeg3 LAME code which is a free-ware anyway. So your demo disables the mp3 coding and I have to buy it back to make the program run again. Is this basically correct?

Lastly, evidently you're program is a resource hog. I noticed the downloads were many. Of course when I'd get redirected after installing I'd think I'd be geting something different and it'd be the same thing.

And I kept getting an error about the r-12 was incompatible or some nonsense. So I'd see about updates and end up running around in circles. Plus I've noticed I've got 20 days left on a 30 day trial and I haven't even turned it on yet, known about your company for more than 2 days so I wonder how this is happening.

On the up side I heard many good things too. For me, I need to convert original music I have on tapes to mp3's so to post on myspace. Then I find Visual MP3 stuff around too. I'm thinking it might not be a bad thing to have that capability too.

Then comes the video transfer issue. I guess I'll be starting all over again unless your stuff has that ability too.

I await your response to these issues.

LtData
04-08-2007, 07:25 PM
MP4 is in the new version, albeit currently beta. It is only in beta due to problems with the Apple Lossless component of the codec with iTunes.

The price of the PowerPack was raised when dMC r12 was released. Before that, it had been the same since dMC r11, which was released back in Nov 2004. Also, that $18 gets you lifetime upgrades to the PowerPack and one year of access to AMG, which gets you album art when you rip your CDs.

dMC was free until the owners of mp3 patents demanded royalties from programs that use it. This is why only Winamp Pro will encode to mp3. Also, while LAME may be free, part of the process of creating a mp3 is patented. You get mp3 encoding during the trial. Also, the trial is a fully-functional trial, nothing is disabled until the trial expires. I am unsure what you mean by "buy it back to make the program run again." If you mean you have to buy the PowerPack and mp3 encoder to make the program work, dMC will still work without the PowerPack, but will be missing some features and, of course, mp3 encoding.

The reason there are multiple downloads is so that the main program is small and lean and you add only what you need.

If by "video transfer issue" you mean how Sveta messes up videos on iPods, this is a known issue and I believe it will be addressed when Sveta is updated in the next few months to be compatible with r12.

psycom
04-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Okay... you've explained most of my questions. A BIG plus for you is that you did this very fast... what are you doing sitting on the computer all day??

My video question deals with the fact that I will be shooting video's myself and until I buy a mac and avid system I'll need a way to encode it to post it. Basically the same issues I've got with songs I've recoded.

Obviously I don't have experience dealing with these formats which is why I have so many questions that may appear to be very simple making me look like an idiot. If they do it's because I am when it comes to this. I bowed out of the music biz a few years back and am re-emerging into a whole new world.

Now I've got to mesh my old school recoding with the current technology that some 6th grader knows more about than I do!

So I appreciate your help. I'll be giving you program a try as soon as get this Tascam 246 to act like a tape player again. Sitting unused for years is not good for motors and belts. Whereas bits and bytes can sit forever or until you get it too close to a demag device.

LtData
04-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Let's just say I have a lot of free time on the weekends and some free time during the week after classes are done. :D

Regarding video encoding, dMC only does audio. I believe Divx has an encoder that will encode to, obviously, divx, Nero's software comes with an encoder, and I am sure there are plenty of others, I just don't know about them as I have never needed to encode video.

Also, an important point is that Auxiliary Input hasn't been ported to r12 yet, so you will need to have both r12 and r11.5 installed, which is explained here: http://dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm Also, if you decide to have both installed, there are instructions here on how to get a registered version of dMC r12: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12280

psycom
04-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Good thing I asked... I need to get the other version installed as I know I don't have it. I've opened the deck and will now poke and prod the wheels while downloading the r11.5 or whatever it was.

psycom
04-12-2007, 03:07 AM
I downloaded the version I needed but not certain about the file movement. Not having any familairity with your program I need to make sure I do it correctly since the programs names are so similar I could waste allot of time and really mess it up.

When I hit record I'm getting an a message that says...
Unknown Command Line: '<Profile>AuxInput<UseLastSettings>

I think I've got everything working. Is this an error because I have not transfered files from one folder to another? I JUST FINALLY got decks to work, volume levels correct and am ready to record. So I'm at stage 1.10.

Gave it a try and screen closed and up popped that little message.

Before I screw anything up as my time is limited is this a direct result of my not following instructions?

With all the files looking the same from the program list I didn't want to get into the deep end until I confirmed what it is I should be doing.

Thanks.

Rich

LtData
04-12-2007, 10:47 AM
It looks like you are trying to use Aux Input with dMC r12, which is not compatible. Did you install dMC r11.5 and dMC r12 to separate directories, as mentioned here http://dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm ?