PDA

View Full Version : Installation of 12.1 beta

petriburg
03-26-2007, 11:00 PM
This is probably my fault, but I just installed the new beta edition 12.1 of dMC, without uninstalling the older r12 version. As a result, I now have no power pack, no registration status, and reference version does not show in Start>dMC>Configuration. Maybe I'm getting senile, but would somebody please tell me how to rectify this situation?

LtData
03-26-2007, 11:13 PM
The r12.1 beta doesn't have a Reference version yet, as stated in the thread. Also, you weren't supposed to uninstall the older version but install the beta over-top of the current, as you did.

petriburg
03-27-2007, 12:57 AM
OK, so is the reference version programmed as a later addition to r12, or, heaven forbid! is it slated for r13? The remaining problem is that, according to the configuration window, dMC is now unregistered, although my r12 was so configured - should not a correctly installed upgrade preserve the registration status? (And BTW, thanks for the prompt reply, Lt.Data) - Tony

Spoon
03-27-2007, 05:00 AM
Go here:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

To get R12 registered back, then install R12.1 over the top and it will become a registerd Power Pack. Reference will be released on the above link in about 4 weeks when R12.1 goes live.

petriburg
03-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the guidance (and e-mail) Spoon. One question remains. When I download 12.1 the installation file gives three options - Yes, No, Cancel.
If I click Yes, it uninstalls r12ref., cancel leaves r12 in place - am I supposed to click on "No"? I'm not sure whether that means install over the top of r12ref and not uninstall, or if it means do nothing? What's the go with this d/l, please?

LtData
03-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Click no, as you do not want to uninstall the current version.

Also, there isn't a r12.1 beta for Reference yet, just a PowerPack beta.

petriburg
03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks, gents. for all the help. Think I'll wait for the full version, in that case, before I install - hope it isn't too long in forthcoming, but I realise Spoon has his hands full at present - I'm surprised he gets any sleep (or maybe he doesn't! - wouldn't be surprised!) - Tony

farmer59
04-02-2007, 07:56 PM
As it stands now, i can use r12 and the reference options and can't use the tag option as it closes internet explorer or i can install r12.1 and lose the reference options, but am able to use the tagging option. Is this a correct assumption? I know once all the bugs are worked out, there will be no other program that will match it. Thank you

LtData
04-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Yes, that is correct.