PDA

View Full Version : Accuraterip: how to manually set CD drive offset?

Dude
03-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi,

I'm a Accuraterip beginner and I don't have a key disc for Accuraterip. I want to set my CD drive offset manually using the list of CD drive offsets: http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm, because I have a CD drive that is on the list.

Where can I setup this CD drive offset in dbpoweramp reference? I can't find an option to setup the CD drive offset.

I also had a question about ripping CD's that are not in the Accuraterip database: is dbpoweramp still be able to make accurate copies (to WAV format) when the CD you are trying to rip is not in the Accuraterip database?

thanks in advance!

Spoon
03-22-2007, 03:11 PM
You cannot, that is the point of accuraterip it self configures to make sure it is right.

Dude
03-22-2007, 03:26 PM
You cannot, that is the point of accuraterip it self configures to make sure it is write.

but how can dbpoweramp make exact copies when you use a CD that is not in the accuraterip database?

If you check "Functional Ripping Methods" here http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm , you can see every step in the audio extraction algorithm is verifyed with accuraterip.
So my question is: what happens when you use a CD that is not in the accuraterip database?
Does dbpoweramp just ignores all the tests with the accuraterip database and as a consequence runs all the steps in the algorithm (because every accuraterip test will have as answer "no", because you don't have used a CD that is in the accuraterip database)? How can dbpoweramp see the rip is accurate if accuraterip is not used?

thanks in advance!

LtData
03-22-2007, 04:28 PM
You have to use a CD that is in the database to configure Accuraterip. Also, the CD does not need to be ripped to configure AccurateRip, a pop-up should come up and ask if you want to configure AccurateRip.

Dude
03-23-2007, 10:23 AM
You have to use a CD that is in the database to configure Accuraterip. Also, the CD does not need to be ripped to configure AccurateRip, a pop-up should come up and ask if you want to configure AccurateRip.

And what if I don't have a CD that is in the database, will dbpoweramp still be able to rip CD's very well? See my previous question about the algorithm dbpoweramp executes.

thanks

LtData
03-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Yes, if a CD is not in the database it does all of the steps.

By my experience, if a CD is not in the database and Ultra Secure is enabled, dMC does 2 burst passes, 2 secure passes, and 3 Ultra Secure passes.

Dude
03-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes, if a CD is not in the database it does all of the steps.

By my experience, if a CD is not in the database and Ultra Secure is enabled, dMC does 2 burst passes, 2 secure passes, and 3 Ultra Secure passes.

Where can you see burst and secure passes in the options? I only see the option to set the number of ultra secure passes and to enable/disable ultra secure mode. There is nothing about burst or secure passes.

So if I understand it well: when accuraterip is disabled everything is executed exactly the same as if accuraterip is enabled, but only the accuraterip check is left out?

PS: I'm using dbpoweramp R12 reference (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dbpoweramp-reference.htm) not the "normal" dbpoweramp CD ripper but the version for audio professionals.

thanks in advance!

Spoon
03-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Click Settings button next to the secure option.

mdpu
04-15-2021, 02:31 PM
I like to buy the Melco D100 usb drive to achieve the highist accuracy in ripping. Db poweramp recognice the pioneer drive fitted in the Melco.
Manufacturer of the drive advises:

Drive offset +638 (this differs from the accurate database setting for the pioneer drive itself) due to other internal hardware differences.
When I click Setting button next to secure option I am not allowed to set drive offset in my reference 16.6 64 bit installation.

Is it possible to get these settings in the accurate rip database? I would be a shame to be forced to use EAC in the future!

Yours mdp

Spoon
04-16-2021, 12:39 PM
We do not offer manual setting of the offset, sorry. That said, it would only configure to the measured drive offset using a real CD, and matching against AccurateRip. I would be inclined to believe AccurateRips determination.