PDA

View Full Version : mp3 codec help

jamesmid
03-17-2007, 11:08 AM
I reinstalled xp and naturally wanted my favorite converter back, but upon reinstalling DBpoweramp I am told that I don't have mp3 encoder abilities. Say what? I've got it from multiple other packages such as Nero. Why won't it encode mp3 for me anymore? Wma encoding works fine.

I click the register button and I get a really confusing web page that has no options other than paying for a beefier version, which I don't need or want. No way to register the free version anymore?

So I downloaded the lame encoder from free-codecs.com, dropped it into the DB encode subdirectory, but no joy.

Any help out there?

LtData
03-17-2007, 11:49 AM
"Registration" for dMC means purchasing the PowerPack or Reference version. The PowerPack costs $18US.

Encoding to mp3 requires a licensing fee. For Nero, this was paid with the program. For other programs, such as iTunes and Windows Media Player, the company paid a blanket fee. For dMC, this requires purchasing the PowerPack and mp3 encoder or dBpoweramp Reference.

jasonwc
03-17-2007, 02:28 PM
You can also use the CLI encoder, and use LAME 3.97, with the unregistered version.