PDA

View Full Version : Ripping a 30 second sample

snappa
02-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Hello,

Let me first say how pleased I am to have found dbpoweramp. I was about to write an application that would rip a CD to WAV so I could generate MP3 and WMA files as needed. It was a pleasant surprise to see that dbpoweramp not only has the tools to let me do this but has an API that I am using so I can save the encoded files as I need to based on certain naming conventions we use.

The missing piece of the puzzle is the ability to rip a sample from a full track. If it's there and I have just not found it yet I apologize in advance.

The use case is that I need to be able to rip 30 second samples. I want to be able to have my user specify the end point (or start point) and then build a rip file that contains only a 30 second sample with a short fade in and a short fade out.

Is it possible to do this with the tools as they are?

Also, is there an API to control the ripper?

Thanks in advance.

LtData
02-26-2007, 11:51 AM
There is a DSP effect for this. Download the DSPs here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12210

I don't believe there is an API to control the CD ripper, no.

snappa
02-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Thank you. I was able to get a 30 second sample generated. Is there any way to control the start point where the sample will begin? For example, say you want to rip from 2:00 to 2:30 in the middle of a track.

Spoon
02-27-2007, 04:32 AM
THere will be a grabber dsp effect soon.