PDA

View Full Version : ARRAY text in artist tag

fractaleater
02-19-2007, 08:04 PM
I have not seen this one before, so just checking if is this is my problem.

CoreConveted wma to flac. Ended up with Composer: ARRAY({a hex number}). Artist: ARRAY({a hex number}). Album artist: "Various Artists". The wma file has Author: {a regular name}, Composer: {a regular name}, and Album Artist: "Various Artists"

I'm guessing that the tag reader is lumping together Composer and Artist and then filling both values with the array ref to the lump on the tag write.

If so, is there a way to suppress the tag reads in the registry or do I need to read then myself and resolve after the conversion?

Richard

Spoon
02-20-2007, 04:23 AM
What is the hex number 0x0D?

fractaleater
02-20-2007, 05:06 AM
[<sigh> actually, this is a problem with *my* tag updater since dbpoweramp handles multiple items in tags delimited by ";" just fine.. I tested by converting a wma file with multiple items in author and composer, and the flac file has the same entries with no ARRAY trouble. So, I'll just crawl back under my rock.]

Oops. Looks like the tag tool I was using to examine the tags was auto adjusting for additional details (multiple entries) in both Author and Composer. So, I had multiple entries delimited by ";" in both Author and Composer. I guess that Author and Artist are the same tag.. and that explains why the array reference addresses where different for composer and artist. The hex numbers were full memory style 32 bit integers.

So, the "real" problem is that Core Converter could more gracefully handle multiple entries in Artist/Composer/AlbumArtist tags that are delimited by ";" when converting from wma to flac. Choosing the first item in the tag certainly seems like an easy option, but it would be much better to work it out to have multiple comments with same name.

Richard

Spoon
02-20-2007, 05:19 AM
In WMA if there are multiple items (for the same tag, ie multiple artists), Microsoft state they should be on seperate id tags, ie:

Artist Some Artist
Artist Another Artist

not seperated by ;