PDA

View Full Version : Version 12 Ref - No LAME Fast Standard Option (Only Standard)

bkm
02-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Greets, looked around in the FAQ but couldn't find answer.

Just installed v12 Reference Version (after uninstalling 11.5) and want to convert some FLACs to LAME mp3. My compression of choice is the new V2 switch in 3.97:

-V 2 --vbr-new --preset fast standard ~190

However I only see the word "standard" (minus the fast) under the LAME options in v12 which is the old switch.

I also don't see the new V0 switch fast extreme... I only see the word "extreme" again which is the old switch.

Pls edumacate me :smile2: .. do I need to use the CLI and create my own command lines so to use the new LAME switches in 3.97? v11.5 had the option to use the fast commands in its GUI so why doesn't v12?

Lastly, once LAME 3.98 Final is released, how will I be able to use it since v12 doesn't have the LAME_enc.dll which was so easily replaced in v11.5? Will I then have to use the CLI?

Thanks,

bkm

LtData
02-19-2007, 05:03 PM
See here for the explanation of what happened to some of the LAME presets: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=LAME A summary is that your being redundant with "-V 2 --vbr-new" and "--preset fast standard". Also, that "extreme" is just to give you an idea of what the old preset was, it actually encodes using the -V setting, I believe.

bkm
02-19-2007, 05:47 PM
You didn't answer the question, Mr Data, but thanks for trying anyway.

Not being redundant... I think you misread my post.

-V 2 --vbr-new = --preset fast standard this much we all know.

v12 only has --preset standard in its GUI (notice it's minus the newer "fast" terminology.) The LAME options do not have "fast standard" so I need to know if I'm converting using the new switch FAST STANDARD or the older STANDARD by using the Batch Converter in V12 Reference.

Spoon
02-20-2007, 03:34 AM
We are using the new lame, so all switches are 'New'

The shown text next to -v is just there to help the transition to the newer v presets, they mean nothing.

bkm
02-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Grazi, Spoon.