PDA

View Full Version : [title] tag defaults to track number?

anders
02-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Does the [title] tag default to the track number if there is no title tag for a track?

I'm asking this, because if I have no title for a track, and use "[track] [title]" when converting, I get file names like "01 01", "02 02", etc. I would have expected "01 ", "02 ", etc.

LtData
02-18-2007, 07:09 PM
It should be "Track 01" for the title, not just "01". If your getting "01" for the title, it is apparently retrieving that from somewhere. When you insert the CD and open up the CD ripper, just after it retrieves the titles, there is a small pop-up tip that says where the meta-data was retrieved from. What does it say?

anders
02-19-2007, 01:34 PM
It should be "Track 01" for the title, not just "01". If your getting "01" for the title, it is apparently retrieving that from somewhere. When you insert the CD and open up the CD ripper, just after it retrieves the titles, there is a small pop-up tip that says where the meta-data was retrieved from. What does it say?

I probably didn't provide enough details. I'm using dMC to convert some FLAC files into MP3s. The FLAC files have tags for track number, but no title tags.

Using "[track] [title]", the file names of the MP3's become "01 01" where I would expect just "01 ", as the title tag doesn't exist.

Spoon
02-19-2007, 04:56 PM
This is correct, if the title is missing it will be taken from the filename.

You could do it dynamically with:

[track] [IF!EQUALS]title,[track],[title][]

anders
02-19-2007, 06:27 PM
This is correct, if the title is missing it will be taken from the filename.

You could do it dynamically with:

[track] [IF!EQUALS]title,[track],[title][]

Works like a charm -- thanks.