PDA

View Full Version : is reference included with CD writer?

goody1006
02-17-2007, 01:08 PM
If I purchase the CD writer, is the dMC Reference included---or, is that an additional purchase required?

I'd really like to know so I can purchase whichever I need today--if at all possible.

I've been reading till my head hurts about all these different programs---the CD Writer seems like the one to choose---so I just need to know if I need the additional program to go with it.

Thanks--

LtData
02-17-2007, 02:17 PM
No, Reference is a separate package. Also, currently the only CD Writer package includes the PowerPack. If you decide to purchase this, it is also important to note that the CD Writer doesn't support dMC r12 yet, so you will have to stick with dMC r11.5 or use both as described here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

goody1006
02-17-2007, 02:30 PM
...ok--so, here's my delima: I've downloaded a live performance that's in FLAC and need to be able to play (on the pc) and record to be played in a 'standard' cd player-"friendly" format.(iow: NOT MP3).

I also have some 'real audio' files I'd sure love to convert--if possible---totally hate the real player--or burn program and would like the option of using other ones.

I've another program that's suposto be able to convert the real audio--but thought the all-around versatility of dbMC sounded alot more user friendly to someone barely able to comprehend all this stuff.

should I just get the dbMC--and wait till v12 is supported to get the writer?

LtData
02-17-2007, 03:14 PM
One important thing to note is that the CD Writer does NOT currently support gapless CDs.

Also, if you purchase the "Fully Loaded CD Writer", you are also purchasing the PowerPack. You are also entitled to the PowerPack for r12. Note that you will not get AMG access this way, but it can be purchased for $5/year.

xoas
02-17-2007, 11:25 PM
The basic CD Writer without the Power Pack should include a basic version of dBpowerAMP Music Converter r11.5. Since you do not intend to create mp3 files, you really do not need the Power Pack. This package should do what you say you want to do.

With dMC r11.5 and CD Writer you can convert your FLAC files and burn them directly to CD format (dMC r12 can convert your FLAC files to some other format. dMC r11.5 does have capabilities for converting wave files to other formats. Currently dMC r12 does not.

While CD Writer will be upgraded to be compatible with dMC r12, and while dMC r12 will be updated to be able to read and convert Real Audio files, for the time being it sounds like CD Writer with dMC r11.5 would be best for you. The "Fully loaded" package offers an mp3 encoder and other nice features and would entitle you to an upgrade to future versions of the Power Pack for free (although you would still need to pay extra if you should want the Reference version of dMC 12).

Best wishes,
Bill

LtData
02-17-2007, 11:36 PM
xoas: the registration page only has the CD Writer fully loaded package, not just the CD Writer anymore.

xoas
02-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh. Sorry.

Bill