PDA

View Full Version : Encoding multiple files

jerethi
02-13-2007, 01:09 AM
I've got another funny issue when I attempt to convert more than one file in a single job using a CLI encoder (i.e. I select two files in windows explorer and go to convert them). This may get a little confusing, so bear with me. ;)

All seems to go well for the first file. It converts, reports a file size, and has proper tags. When dbpoweramp starts the second file, I see that it creates the new file with the extension for the new format and that the size reports as 0, which as I understand it is what's supposed to happen when using the CLI encoder. However, when dbpoweramp begins to encode the second file, the file size of the first file drops to 0, and the audio of the second file is encoded under the filename of the first file! When the conversion is complete, the first file is actually the audio of the second file, with no tags. The second file reports a file size of 0, and won't play.

There's a funny slight of hand occurring here, and I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone offer any help?

LtData
02-13-2007, 01:49 AM
I remember that this would happen when you were using the Multi-Encoder in dMC r11.5 if you were encoding the same file using two different settings for the same codec.

jerethi
02-13-2007, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the reply. I should've included more detailed information in my initial post. I am using the latest version of dbpoweramp (R12) and the settings for both files are the same.

Spoon
02-13-2007, 05:50 AM
What is your command line?

LtData
02-13-2007, 10:43 AM
I meant that a similar thing would happen with the Multi-Encoder from r11.5. Sorry if I confused you.

jerethi
02-13-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm using the CLI Encoder plugin to encode Ogg Vorbis R1 files. I'm using the following command line:

"-q 0 [infile] [outfile]"

Frequency, bits, and channels are set to "leave" and high quality decoder source, pass wave header, and dB Write ID tags are checked. I have also installed the Ogg Vorbis codec in order to enable tag writing.

jerethi
02-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Actually, now that there is a beta version of the Ogg Vorbis aoTuV b5 codec, I've been using that and this issue seems to have been resolved!

I would still appreciate any thoughts as to why this happened and any possible solutions, just in case I need to use another CLI encoder in the future.

Spoon
02-14-2007, 05:04 AM
> "-q 0 [infile] [outfile]"

Use the pipes:

-q 0 - "[outfile]"

or

-q 0 "[infile]" "[outfile]"

LtData
02-14-2007, 08:04 AM
This happened because you are running two instances of dMC, which wanted to use the same temporary file dmcout for the encoders. This resulted in the second instance of the file overwriting the first instance.