PDA

View Full Version : Registration retrieval problem

Brimo49
02-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Hello. I'm a registered user who wishes to download dBPowerAmp Reference. But the registration retrieval page is a complete pain in the neck - when I click on the `Initiate Registered Link Retrieval' link, I get a blank page WHATEVER I do. I've tried disabling all my third-party security software and lowering my browser security settings, and even switched from my router to a 56k dialup connection since my router has a built-in firewall. Nothing works! Please tell me how I can make progress with this. Many thanks.

Wayne
02-02-2007, 05:11 AM
What software firewall do you use?

I managed to download the registered version and I have both a software firewall and wireless router (with in-built firewall).

Brimo49
02-02-2007, 05:38 AM
Thanks for responding. I don't use a software firewall; the router's built-in firewall provides complete stealth. I was referring to my antivirus software (NOD32) and antitrojan software (TrojanHunter), which I disabled just in case they were causing the problem.

hanschke
02-02-2007, 06:15 AM
are u form germany? i have the same problem and have taken proxyswitcher and a usa proxy but got the message that the session is to old.

i think it is cause i have used my 11.5er login to get the 12er registered exe without having two files on my hdd.

for the reference i dont have get a link until now but try a proxy.

Brimo49
02-02-2007, 06:34 AM
I'm in the UK. I never use proxies. It looks to me as though the developer, in his keenness to create a secure download environment, has made it practically impossible for the registered user.

LtData
02-02-2007, 07:13 AM
The firewall on most routers shouldn't mess up the download page. Did you try exiting your antitrojan software, not just disabling it?

hanschke
02-02-2007, 07:49 AM
ok i have tried it with ff 1.5, 2.0, opera and ie but cannot see the page too.

i dont have installed a firewall and i am admin on this pc. a antivirus program is not running and i have deinstalled admuncher as well.

i cannot see the page where i can put the ordner number. the settings of my browser are the default settings and i tried the low settings as well. but no change :(

Brimo49
02-02-2007, 07:59 AM
The firewall on most routers shouldn't mess up the download page. Did you try exiting your antitrojan software, not just disabling it?
Yes, I did. I hope I won't get any more questions along the lines of `Did you do this? Did you do that?'. I've already said that NOTHING works.

LtData
02-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Well seeing how dozens, if not a few hundred, people have used the download system and only you are having a problem, it seems to indicate that the problem is on your end. We are trying to help you fix it, but if you aren't willing to try our suggestions, then too bad.

Have you tried a different computer? A different browser?

Brimo49
02-03-2007, 03:47 AM
Oh dear; the deafness here is amazing. It isn't a case of not trying suggestions, because there isn't anything left to try which I haven't tried already. I've wasted more than enough time on this. I give up.

LtData
02-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Send an e-mail with your order number to the e-mail address on http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
Then you will get a manually sent-out download link.