PDA

View Full Version : COM, Automation, GoConversion & multiple files

fractaleater
01-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Been using the version 11 COM script approach to AddFromFile (in a loop for multiple files), GoConversion (to convert all the files to a format), and then WasConvError with GetConversionError in a loop (to get error messages).

This approach does not work with the r12ref downloaded today. I verified that Convert (single file conversion) works on the same file I am trying to convert with my legacy method.

My question is: what is the procedure for multiple file conversions (with possible multiple format conversions) while taking advantage of the multi CPU capability in R12 under the automation object approach?

TIA

Richard

Spoon
01-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Here is the updated R12 h\scripting help:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer-scripting-dmc.htm

The scripter launches core converter, it in its self is not multi-cpu aware, it does not need to be. If you have two scripting objects created then 2 conversions would be done side by side, create as many as there are cpus on the system.

fractaleater
02-04-2007, 02:27 PM
--mmm.. sorry. Please delete this message. I found that my task viewer had a combined graph of CPU usage that led me to the conclusion that only one core was active. When I checked the thread cpu usage, both cores were in use. I can't think of a reason to assign a particular instance of the converter to a core.

-------

Thanks,

And.. Is there any way to tell CoreConverter.exe to use a particular cpu on a multi cpu machine?

Spoon
02-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Yes:

-processor="n" allys to a processor (on multi-cpu system), where n is 1=CPU1 2=CPU2, etc

LtData
02-04-2007, 05:12 PM
I believe than when you script/command-line encode, you can only specify one processor, the other, or both in a "shared" fashion. You can't do multi-processor aka 1 file per core when you script/command-line encode.

Spoon
02-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Correct, have 2 scripting objects and specify 1 cpu for one and the other cpu for the other.