PDA

View Full Version : how do i change the bitrate?

wolfekate
01-30-2007, 02:26 PM
i am trying to change the bitrate on some music i copied from vinyl. in itunes it shows that the bitrate is 1411. i want to change it to 128. i have downloaded the dbpoweramp but i don't have the slightest idea how to use it. can someone please help? be kind, i'm middleaged, not that good with computers and i have no teenagers to help me.

thanks

LtData
01-30-2007, 03:41 PM
1411 sounds like it is a WAV file. Are you wanting to encode to a mp3 file, a mp4 file, or does it matter? Where are you wanting to play the file, just on your computer?

wolfekate
01-30-2007, 06:52 PM
LtData,
thank you for responding. i just want to burn cd's and play the music mainly on my ipod. i don't know what kind of files they are.
thank you

LtData
01-30-2007, 08:48 PM
It sounds like your best bet would be a mp3 file. It burns to a CD easily and will play on your iPod. Once dMC is installed, you can simply right-click on the files in their folder, but NOT in iTunes itself. You want to convert to mp3 (LAME) with a frequency/sample rate of 44100Hz and set the channels to "joint stereo". You specified you want the bitrate to be 128kbps, so you can simply select that on the slider by left-clicking.

Note that you need either a valid PowerPack trial or a registered version to convert to mp3. Check dMC Configuration (Start Menu --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> dMC Configuration) to see the status of your trial.