PDA

View Full Version : Throws exception converting AAC

Goldwinger
01-28-2007, 08:19 AM
First issue is that I am not sure what type of AAC file I have. These files have been ripped from grooviestgerman.com using station ripper and will play in winamp just fine. The files are ripped with the name "songxxx.aac.mp3" and will not play in winamp until I delete the mp3 extension and although the extension says aac I think they are AAC+ format.

The problem is that when I try and convert these files to MP3 using dppower the program throws an exception and quits.

I have installed the nero digital audio codecs and pointed the program at the exe to no avail.

Goldwinger
01-28-2007, 05:24 PM
I forgot to add that I am running windows 2000 professional and that I have installed and un-installed several audio conversion program trying to find one that would convert my files. Just in case there could be an issue with drivers left hanging around.

LtData
01-28-2007, 08:19 PM
What version of dMC are you using?
If you right-click on the file and go to "Edit Tag", what does dMC report about the specs of the file, such as bitrate, channels, and frequency?

jaser
02-27-2007, 10:56 AM
I've got the exact same problem. Only lists artist, title, and genre. No bit rate or tag. Using version 12.

Spoon
02-27-2007, 11:56 AM
When does it crash, at the beginning of the aac conversion or the end?

jaser
02-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Appears to be at the end. Here's the error:

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Documents and Settings\Jase Ramsey\My Documents\My Music\Ripped Streams\[XRM] - Electronic\4 Strings - Come Closer.aac' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Jase Ramsey\My Documents\My Music\Ripped Streams\[XRM] - Electronic\4 Strings - Come Closer.mp3'
Error decoding AAC, file is AAC? [clfaad::Create]

Spoon
02-28-2007, 02:56 AM
What created the file and what can play it? dBpoweramp is saying it is not a propper aac file.