PDA

View Full Version : problem ripping

STAR
10-27-2002, 04:46 PM
I can play the cd just fine.. no skips... but when I rip it, it gets all the way to the last track and just hangs at 7 seconds left (or so) and then the darn thing wont cancel.... :( please figure out what is going on on both counts to fix it...
it does this with other cds too... any format I try to convert them to
I guess I'll just have to stick to the trusty windows media player converter cause it gives me no problems :headbang:

STAR
10-27-2002, 08:35 PM
okay... heres a more accurate representation of the problem... I think its only a problem with enhanced CD's... cause that appears to be the only cds its affecting.. what it does is finishes all of the audio and then appears to stop... but after forcing dMC to close (the audio cd ripping thingie) which is a pain... cause it doesn't ever want to cancel.... well anyway... I chacked the files.. they are all fine including the last track except for one thing... the last track has extra silence at the end... which must be why dmc wont stop the ripping process...it keeps adding silece.. it'll even sometimes give an error.. can't read (scrathed disk?)... but all the audio is fine... its just adding silence... and I'm running the newest versions of everything... including the newest beta of dMC... hope this helps you more than my previous post.. and sorry to have seemed upset about.. its really not a big deal.. I was just sressin over having to go through more trouble... thanks for everything you do spoon!

totalXSive
10-28-2002, 03:33 AM
There is a problem with some Enhanced CDs, which do as you describe. All is not lost, though.

Fire up Audio CD Input, select the drop-down menu next to Options and choose Audio CD Parameters. Enter the true length of the CD track (you may want to listen to it first), and then click OK. dMC should work fine now.

Incidently a CD-Extra that I created on Nero 5.5 on Thursday also has this problem, so it's not just commercial CDs.