PDA

View Full Version : File too big

BobbeeV
12-19-2006, 02:01 PM
I converted an audio book to MP3. The book is 5 hours long. Is there an option to choose to continue to the next cd? Right now, it just stops.

LtData
12-19-2006, 04:46 PM
If you mean split the file up, yes. There is a Splitter Utility codec that splits files based on length or silence. Its in Codec Central at the bottom of the page.

GiacomoGo
12-26-2006, 10:26 AM
If you mean split the file up, yes. There is a Splitter Utility codec that splits files based on length or silence. Its in Codec Central at the bottom of the page.

I am unable to split based on "silence", only length shows up as an option. Does the "silence" approach require something hidden or otherwise special?

ChristinaS
12-26-2006, 01:26 PM
The silence split seems not to be available there. That's in dMC Auxiliary Input AFAIK.

Loompa17
12-26-2006, 03:29 PM

Is there a "how-to" for the splitter utility. I've downloaded and installed, but I don't know the first thing about getting it to work.

LtData
12-26-2006, 06:51 PM
There might be a help file that was installed, check in the Start Menu Programs folder for dMC under Help --> Codecs

Loompa17
12-27-2006, 08:54 AM
No, there wasn't one installed for the splitter. I've got some other ones in there, but none for the utility splitter.

GiacomoGo
12-28-2006, 05:14 AM
No, there wasn't one installed for the splitter. I've got some other ones in there, but none for the utility splitter.

It didn't install any help file for me, either.
This sounds like a useful utility, but the "silence" detection is apparently just vapor-ware at this point.

Any chance of a real silence-splitter utility?

Spoon
12-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Not for a while (ie after Music Converter R12).