PDA

View Full Version : DSP Effects

DJJR
12-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Hi,

Which one of these effects are most commonly used? I haven't used any of them and I wondered if some users have used them successively and if anyone recommends any of them.

What does the volume optimizer do? Does this control the volume of all songs on the final CD so that all the songs have the same final volume?

This is one thing I would really like to do, since I often record older music from the 70s and mix it with some more modern music. It seems that the older music always plays much quieter.

How do I adjust the volume of the final CD so that all songs play at the same level?

Thanks,

DJJR

xoas
12-09-2006, 09:44 AM
The Volume Normalization DSP will increase the volume of softer sections and of softer tracks. It will not increase louder sections of tracks. I like to use Simpple Normalization at a level of 100%. I don't believe I have ever encountered distortion from these settings. This will go a long way to standardize loudness on your tracks but it may not fully reduce the discrepancy in loudness. You can boost this effect for tracks that still remain too soft by increasing the Max. Multiply setting.

Some users also use the Volume Quieten DSP to recuce the loudness of loud sections of tracks. I have to confess that i have not tried this.

You should be able to sample the results by right-clicking and listening to the track (perhaps along with another louder/softer track) to preview the results prior to burning.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Bill