PDA

View Full Version : Logitech media does not support bBpowerAMP

MakJeng
10-23-2002, 08:58 PM
I use a Logitech keyboard with media controls. It works well for all the 'common' players but not for dBpowerAMP ... a pity as I am using dB.. most of the time.
Logitech don't seem particularly keen to do anything about it.
How can they be given a push to consider supporting dBpowerAMP?
Correspondence copied below.
MakJeng
----------------------------------------

Category: Keyboard
Product: Cordless Keyboard
Software: iTouch 1.81
Part Number: Cordless Keyboard Y-RE20
Computer Brand: Other
Operating System: win2K

Description of Problem: I use dBpower AMP Audio Player (www.dbpoweramp.com)
and would like to have it integrated with the keyboard controls. How can I do this? This player has a large following and beats most of the alternatives.
Also, I have a long music list. Can the thumbwheel have an accelerator function instead of the frustrating linear scroll?
Thanks

Request Country ID: 19

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------
<<*215194-203261*>>

Thank you for using Logitech's Electronic Technical Support. My name is Jesse. The following information addresses your original question. You may wish to print this out and/or save this on your computer.

If you have a keyboard that does not have a media key, you cannot change the player that launches when the play key is pressed. Depending on the version of software you installed, you might have an option to install Virtuosa, Real Jukebox, or Music Match. If you install one of these programs, it will become your default media player. You must uninstall the bundled media player in order to revert back to your previous media player. Some media programs have settings you can change to make that the default player; check with your media player manufacturer or documentation to see if this is possible.

The following media players are supported with iTouch software:
Windows CD Player
Windows Media Player up to version 8.x
Plus Pack Deluxe CD player
MusicMatch(tm) versions 4.x and above
RealJukeBox(tm) versions 1.x, 2.x
RealOne Player
RealAudio versions 7 and 8
Creative PlayCenter versions 1.5, 2.x
WinAmp 2.x
Sonique 1.9 and 2.0
LiquidPlayer 5.3
CineMaster(tm) DVD Player
MediaMatics DVD Player
Toshiba SDMI202
Sony PowerDVD
Intervideo WinDVD 2.1
DVD Express
Quick Time 3.x

If you have additional technical questions regarding your product, please visit our web site at www.logitech.com and submit your question.

Thank you for your interest in Logitech.

Regards,
Jesse
Logitech Customer Support

Spoon
10-24-2002, 02:50 AM
It does work, read this:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?threadid=800

ahausvik
10-28-2002, 02:16 PM
ref your link to the solution to the Logitech / dbPoweramp...
http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?threadid=800

It says u need dAP release 2... we're now on release 9, yes? Can't seem to find the "dAP Keyboard Control config program" anywhere...
do you have any pointers??
thanx!

Brilliant player by the way!

Spoon
10-28-2002, 04:20 PM
The offical release is still Release 1, in the beta section of this forum is Release 2 Beta 9, when enough has been added the beta will end and it will become Release 2.