PDA

View Full Version : Previously converted music (during trial) won't play now I have Registered

hanslehmann
11-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I converted some music with the trial version of DMC which of course would not play following the end of the trial period. Now that I've downloaded and registered DMC, the previously converted files will still not play.

ie. .mp3 format trying to open with Windows Media Player says "The file you are attempting to play has an extension that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior."

When I look at the properties of the files, they still show "Power Pack Trial Period Expired" in the ID Tag.

What do I have to do to get these files to work? My original files that I converted from are deleted.

I would not have registered DMC if I knew this would not work for previously converted files.

Thanks.

"Frustrated"

Spoon
11-18-2006, 02:31 PM
It is not possible to encrypt an .mp3 file so that is played then does not when a trial runs out. When the trial runs out you are just unable to create new mp3 files.

The problem looks to be media player, perhaps a bug, perhaps their codecs have been messed up (nothing to do with dbpoweramp, we have our own codecs and do not touch media players codecs).

hanslehmann
11-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks, but why does it show "Power Pack Trial Period Expired" in the ID Tag of the file properties?

Yet, under DMC configuration Power Pack and Mp3 license shows "Registered: Yes".

Something is wrong... all my other music works, but these files don't and it only started after the trial ended.

ChristinaS
11-18-2006, 02:37 PM
1) Enable seeing the proper names and extensions of your files. (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5361 )

Is your file an mp3? or is it something else with just an mp3 extension?

Are you using WMP to play an m3u playlist maybe? And the files in the m3u file are not all mp3 ?

Did you install the registered copy of dMC signed in as an administrator? To the same exact location as the trial one had been?

This will not interefere with WMP though (which seems to be your problem if you cnanot play files), only with dMC (which you can rectify by uninstalling all and doing it again properly).

LtData
11-18-2006, 02:37 PM
You have a registered version installed, yet the ID Tag page says it is expired? Mabye try a total uninstall mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828