PDA

View Full Version : Cool Edit 2000 and MP2s

RDG
10-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi,

I am using DBPowerAmp to convert broadcast wave files (BWF) to mp2 files. I am having a problem with a client who is using Cool Edit 2000 to edit files.

Converted MP2 files opened in Cool Edit have a very loud click every couple seconds. The clicks can be seen on the waveform. It sounds like a sync problem. If I convert the MP2 files to a PCM Wav file Cool Edit has no problems importing the file. If I use another converter the click issue is not there. (The other converter is one downloaded from PRX.org. It only works with PCM Wav or Aiff files)

I have been told this may be a “Frame Padding” issue. Does this bring anything to mind? This is not a problem with Adobe Audition just this ancient edition of Cool Edit.

Thanks,

David Greene

Spoon
10-11-2006, 06:15 AM
We use toolame to convert to mp2, it could be the compression settings chosen, or Cool Edit does not like any mp2 files created with that encoder.

RDG
10-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Actually using the TooLame MP2 encoder works perfectly with Cool Edit. It was using the MP2 Codec that I was having problems with. Will have to do some listening tests but at this time it looks like I will be using the TooLame Codec.

Thanks for the help. :smile2: