PDA

View Full Version : Rip Audio from DVD's

Unregistered
10-20-2002, 11:50 AM
Not for illegal purposes, but I'd really like some of my favorite Live Concert DVD's to play in the car. If you ever tried to rip the soundtrack of a DVD you know what a pain it is:
* rip it
* downsample from 48Khz
* normalize
* split the one big WAV file to small chunks

Wouldn't it be great if dBpowerAMP could do this...

Joseph
10-28-2002, 05:31 PM
No what.. come to think of it.. THAT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA. I too have concerts on DVD that differ from the CD and would also like to be able to play them in the car. That is a GREAT idea.

Unregistered
11-07-2002, 11:27 AM
Ditto!

Unregistered
03-15-2004, 04:06 PM
I also have been trying to find software that will convert DVD audio by chapter into tracks that can be burnt onto a CD for use in the car. It can't be that hard..... or is it??????? Come on U tech wizards, get up to speed. ConQ Melbourne Au

OldCoder
03-16-2004, 09:47 AM
I also have been trying to find software that will convert DVD audio by chapter into tracks that can be burnt onto a CD for use in the car. It can't be that hard..... or is it??????? Come on U tech wizards, get up to speed. ConQ Melbourne Au

Ripping DVD Audio is a problem, but it is easy to capture the sound.

Try connecting your line output to a line input on your sound card, and then use dMC Auxiliary Input to record it as though it was a vinyl record.

It requires a little more typing and fussing with the cable and sound card settings, but the sound quality should be pretty good, easy to burn, and probably indistinguishable in a car from a true "extraction".

One warning - do not use a headphone output connected to the input - the results there will not be near as good.

Unregistered
04-05-2004, 11:58 PM
There is also a way to capture the audio from a DVD by going into your volume control and switch the recording source to wave out and play the dvd and record in your favourite recording software like dbpoweramp auxillary input. It takes a bit of fiddling with the volume controls for this though. Just yesterday I tried ripping some audio off a DVD and although it takes a while it is more reliable and a better quality sound in the end.

drspy00
04-07-2004, 01:05 AM
That was me posting above, I decided to join the forum so I am new here!
I think a great suggestion for a converter for dbpoweramp would be one that converts ac3 files to wav or mp3 etc. I don't know if its possible or not.