PDA

View Full Version : Adding to playlists from MMC

Unregistered
10-19-2002, 09:38 AM
Hiya.

DBpoweramp is the dogs proverbials apart from anything else becaue of it's great speed.

2 requests though.

1) It's be great to add songs from MMC to playlists (or even drag and drop!) "Create playlist from selected" is all very well, but if you've got 10,000+ songs then finding the 10 you want in a playlist and highlighting them all at once is tricky!! (or have I missed sth?)

2) It'd be nice to have a way to QUICKLY update ID3 tags for files from MMC for genre and for preference, tempo etc. (the old Musicmatch ID3 tag fields!). I want to be able to think "hmm that's a nice/crap fast/slow song I'm listening to" and mark it as such by right clicking the song in the MMC window and having those aspects appear on the the context menu, for me to then choose. Storing with the ID3 field is vital 'cos marking my 10,000 songs for the above is a pretty major undertaking, and storing these characteristics with the actual music file seems the most robust solution. I realize that preference isn't linked to the ID3 tag at the moment, and that there are issues for people who use ID3v1, but multiple ID3 editing for Genre is pretty quick so preference/mood/tempo etc could be too???

otherwise... keep up the good work.

cdw

Spoon
10-19-2002, 04:00 PM
Sort of select tracks and click 'Add to playlist' - then with playlist still open select more tracks and they add these to the playlist as well?

BestRip
10-30-2002, 05:56 AM
Hi Spoon,

I agree that it would be cool to be able to set preferrence in the player. I looked for a way when I did my skin but couldn't find any way. Is there one that I've missed?

Spoon
10-30-2002, 12:22 PM
Not yet, that would have to be an updated dAP and Skin designer.