PDA

View Full Version : lame cli/ powerpack icons/ ripping to ram

handler55
04-22-2002, 03:06 PM
Hi,

I have a few slight problems that might be fixable:

1) The compression settings for the LAME CLI encoder don't get remembered for the next time (now I changed them in the registry, so they're right, but that shouldn't be necessary).

2)The graphics on the (registered) PowerPack buttons in Audio CD Input are corrupted (even freshly installed).

3) The Ripping to RAM window keeps popping up - I thought I read somewhere this had been fixed, but it still happens.

Thanks for any advice...

totalXSive
04-22-2002, 03:46 PM
You shouldn't need to use the Lame CLI codec now, since Release 8d of dMC includes all of its features.

The other two problems sound like issues that should have been fixed in Release 8d.

handler55
04-22-2002, 06:57 PM
I'm using release 8d at the moment, and PowerPack release 3, so I'm not sure why these things are happening.

I'm using --alt-preset 160 for encoding CDs to MP3 - is this incorporated into dBpowerAMP? I thought I read that the DLL couldn't handle the alt presets...

MODatic
04-23-2002, 02:51 AM
[list=1]
Remembers for me, sorry can't help
What do you mean by corrupted? Can you post/attach a pic? Are you using Release 3 of the Power Pack?
It can't keep popping up since it only pops up when you first start ripping, then after that, it stays on screen and only shows info when a track is being ripped to ram. This was fixed for Release 8.
[/list=1]

I'm using --alt-preset 160 for encoding CDs to MP3 - is this incorporated into dBpowerAMP? I thought I read that the DLL couldn't handle the alt presets...

It can't handle the --alt-presets. :( One reason why I always use the CLI.

Spoon
04-23-2002, 03:31 AM
Try uninstalling everything, then re-download and reinstall.

handler55
04-30-2002, 06:16 AM
I uninstalled everything and reinstalled 8d, but rip to ram still steals the window focus when it pops up. Fixed the powerpack graphics though obviously.

On a side note, I'm having trouble with the Lame CLI codec, because only the first 128 characters of the command get passed to it. Including tags and everything, the command is often a lot longer. Is there a way round this?

Spoon
04-30-2002, 01:43 PM
I am guessing this is a limitation in Windows 95/98/ME