PDA

View Full Version : Options -> CD Drive selection is blank

jorsch
08-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi -

I'm a long-time user of dBpowerAMP. I just installed a new CD drive after my old one bit the dust. Now dBpowerAMP can't find the CD drive! With a CD in, it just sits there saying "Insert Audio CD..."

If I click the Options tab, the drop-down list where you can select which CD drive you want to use is totally blank. Any ideas?

FYI, I have two CD drives - one is the new CD-RW I just installed, the other is a DVD+RW/CD-RW that I've always had. Neither one of them shows up in the list.

Help!
Jorsch

LtData
08-04-2006, 10:44 PM
I assume no other changes have been make, such as using a different account, changing priviledges, etc? Also, are you using dMC r11.5, the latest release? Version numbers are in dMC Configuration, located in the Start Menu --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration

jorsch
08-05-2006, 06:35 AM
That is correct, there have been no other changes. I am running v 11.5, with a registered Power Pack

Jorsch

Spoon
08-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Which Windows version?

jorsch
08-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Xp Sp2

jorsch
08-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, I seem to have fixed my problem. I uninstalled Power Pack & dMC and then I rebooted. Next I went thru my registry and searched for anything with "dMC" in it. I found a key in "HKEY_USERS" that seemed to have all of the options setting for dMC so I deleted it (along with almost anything else related to dMC that I could find). Then I rebooted again, and then re-installed dMC and Power Pack. I'm back in business now.