PDA

View Full Version : Converting from CD to FLAC to AAC - Some Issues

Jazzman
07-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Hi All

Thanks to everyone for their help so far.... Great product and very easy to use.

Well I got it to go but have run into a few problems. Hope you all can help

I used the Audio CD and ripped the album to FLAC. No problems and Accurate Rip was great.

1.) WHen I converted to FLAC I used the file selector. Even though I checked force LC, it still ripped the AAC file with AAC type High Efficiency ( SBR) Is this a problem?

2.) What is the best Quality Setting. I used .5 and compared to the ITunes rip, I didnt notice any better quality...The Itunes encoded at 128 for a 5MB files and dbpa encodes at 215 for a 8MB file...SHould I be doing anything different?

3.) What is the best way to get all of these conversions to my ITUnes music folder. I have been manually adding each one to the library. THat is going to take a long time with 400+ cd's.... I am assuming that what I want is a /FLAC/Artist/Album for Squeezebox and /ItunesMusic/Artist/Album for ITunes. Or should I put the FLAC RIp and the AAC RIp into the same directories?

Thanks in advance for the help

Dave

Spoon
07-22-2006, 05:21 AM
For some low bitrates I think Nero jumps to HE.

Try a lower setting 215 is not comparable to 128 in size or quality.

omnibus89
07-23-2006, 02:58 PM
you should be able to use file/add folder, select the root folder where all your music is to add all the files at once. if you want them copied into your itunes music folder, make sure that edit/preferences/advanced has both keep files organized and copy files to folder checked. oh, quick warning, if you have m3u playlist files with your music files, iTunes (stupidly) will import the songs twice.