PDA

View Full Version : help!

sandy lovejoy
07-07-2006, 01:01 PM
hi my name is sandy
i need help to convert a WMA File into an MP3 how do i do that?
thanks
sandy

xoas
07-07-2006, 05:37 PM
To do this with dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter), you need to download and install dMC with the Power Pack (the Power Pack is needed to create mp3 files; Power Pack can be loaded for a 30 day free trial after which you must pay to for a registered version that you wold install over the trial version), and you need to download and install the correct WMA codec for your version of Windows Media Player (WMP) and your version of Windows (the wma 9.1 codec is designed for WMP 10).

After that you should be able to figure out what to do (easiest for a single file is to right-click on the wma file, select "Convert To" and select your output format (mp3 in this case) and then create your settings).

Please note that if your WMA files are copy-protected you CANNOT convert them using dMC in this way. You may be able to either burn your wma file to CD and then rip it to mp3 from your CD or you may be able to record the audio from the file to mp3 as you play it on your computer. Depending, you may be able to use either or both of these strategies or neither of them may work.

Best wishes,
Bill