PDA

View Full Version : Scripted FLAC location confusion...

KJim
06-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Hi All,

Any ideas why this process outputs the FLAC file to the location of the vbs script which calls it, rather than the specified network location?

Set dMC = CreateObject("dMCScripting.Converter")

dMC.VolumeNormalize = False

dMC.PreserveTags = True

dMC.DeleteSourceFiles = False

Call dMC.AddFromToFiles("\\Networkdrive\share\Network Folder\Tracks Main\Whole\11 - title.aif", "\\Networkdrive\share\Flac Mirror\Network Folder\Tracks Main\Whole\11 - title")

Call dMC.GoConversion("FLAC", False, True, True, False)

Any help very appreciated!
Cheers,
J

LtData
06-23-2006, 05:14 PM
See here http://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer-scripting-dmc.htm:

'Set Output Folder (to C:\Conversion123 )
dMC.ConvertToFolder = True
dMC.ToFolder = "C:\Conversion123"
It may not work for FLAC, but that's what the page says. Hope it helps. Sorry I cannot help more, as I have never scripted dMC.

KJim
06-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Many thanks Lt, unfortunately that doesn't work for me as I'm looping through a batch of files with different locations to be encoded to (the script I posted is a stripped down version, my actual script has several hundred files to encode). So, I can't set the folder in that way, because it changes throughout the script...

The odd thing is, I have an almost identical script which encodes to MP3 fine, and a WMA one too... it's only the FLAC codec which loses it's virtual bearings...

Spoon
06-26-2006, 05:22 PM
There should be no difference between flac and any other codec, do the file files have the correct filename (in the wrong folder)?

KJim
06-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi Spoon,

Yep, filenames are all correct- i've copied the addresses from the script and pasted them into Explorer to be sure. They're all valid file paths...

Deano
06-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Well the question is, does the script work with UNC network addresses. Have you tried mapping the network drive to a drive letter instead, then try using that in the script. Maybe this will work better?

KJim
06-29-2006, 07:05 AM
:thumbup: Nice one Deano.

Turns out the source file parameter can be referred to in the way my script does, but the destination file must use a mapped drive letter:

Set dMC = CreateObject("dMCScripting.Converter")

dMC.VolumeNormalize = False

dMC.PreserveTags = True

dMC.DeleteSourceFiles = False

Call dMC.AddFromToFiles("\\Networkdrive\share\Network Folder\Tracks Main\Whole\11 - title.aif", "I:\Flac Mirror\Network Folder\Tracks Main\Whole\11 - title")

Call dMC.GoConversion("FLAC", False, True, True, False)

Thanks!