PDA

View Full Version : Computer TO Stereo(bookshelf) PROBLEM!

onecoolloser
06-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi,

I have two seperate speakers connected to my bookshelf stereo system. My computer is connected to my stereo via. auxiliary. I like bass. My problem is that one set of my speakers (that is connected in parallel on my Right channel) doesn't have good bass response. My other set of speakers, that is also connected in parallel, on my Left channel, has pretty good bass (this can handle more bass than my other speakers).

My question is, is there a program i can purchase or download that will alter the sound output on my computer so it will send more bass to one channel (i.e. either left or right), and send less bass to the other?

Please feel free to email me at onecoolloser@hotmail.com

Thanks A Lot,

Anthony

xoas
06-17-2006, 12:52 PM
If I understand correctly the answer would be No.
Your stereo system would need to be able to handle 4 channel sound and your stereo would have to be able to handle 4 channel output.

But I also think that your situation can be addressed in either of 2 other ways.
If your stereo's auxilary input is stereo and your computer's output is stereo, you should be able to adjust the bass output from your soundcard for the right channel.

Otherwise, I would mix the speakers so that each channel would have one "good" bass speaker and one "weak" bass speaker and both "good" speakers either in the front or back.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Bill