View Full Version : WMA Conversion (with scripting)

05-26-2006, 10:00 AM
I know there are a few threads already covering this, but I've tried everything suggested with no results.

I'm using the following code:

Set dMC = CreateObject("dMCScripting.Converter")
dMC.VolumeNormalize = False
dMC.PreserveTags = True
dMC.DeleteSourceFiles = False
dMC.ConvertToFolder = True
dMC.ToFolder = "C:/Converted Music/"
Call dMC.AddFromToFiles("sourcefile.aif", "destinationfile")
Call dMC.GoConversion("Windows Media Audio", True, True, True, False)

I've installed, reinstalled, restarted at all the right points, converted successfully using the normal interface method, but I can't get it to convert using the script. It just says "Unable to create compression CODEC 'Windows Media Audio', please check software installation."


05-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Call dMC.GoConversion("Windows Media Audio 9.1", True, True, True, False)

might help

05-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Moved to the Developer Forum.

05-30-2006, 04:02 AM
I tried that edit- no effect I'm afraid...

05-30-2006, 05:13 AM
The name of the codec as to be identical to the one shown in dbpoweramp, also do one conversion (with WMA) before hand in dbpoweramp.

05-31-2006, 07:53 AM
Great stuff- that solved it! The name of the codec in the config file was "Windows Media Audio V9"