PDA

View Full Version : Show poweramp info on LCD-Display

Lt.Worf
04-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Hello,
I want to know if its posible to read out poweramp info (playing CD title, tracktitle, bitrate, ...) to show on a LCD-Display.

MfG

donny
04-21-2006, 09:53 AM
It is very posible to get these data. Now depending on your programing skills and the software you use I could tell you more.

so if you could be more precise what you use and what exactly do you want to do...

neilthecellist
04-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Do you mean LCD display on a portable player, or on your computer?

Hm... Probably best to answer donny's question first.

LtData
04-21-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm guessing an LCD display on his computer that can used, at least with other players, to display the current artist/title of the song playing and the time elapsed or other information.

Lt.Worf
04-23-2006, 08:39 AM
I have a LCD-Display connected to USB-Port (http://shop.includ.de/product_info.php?products_id=40&osCsid=65e390de1c6b5813b8c633e29e247fa2).
The original LCD-Software is written with Delphi and I want to write myself some code in VB6.

Can you give me help, please ?

Lt.Worf
05-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Is there any help please ? :cry:

Lt.Worf
05-11-2006, 05:49 AM
mmmH ... ob keiner mehr mit mihr reden will :nospeak:

donny
05-14-2006, 06:59 AM
sorry I was away for a while...

it can be done. I have an app that is in delphi (qm also) that was made to display info in a similar maner...

I can make an app that will write the info to a file when the song is changed, would that be enough? something like artistEOLtrackEOLalbum ? then you forwad the data with your own code.

I guess that would also suit the people requesting for instant messageing....

again sorry it took me so long to reply... :blush:

Lt.Worf
05-14-2006, 11:58 AM
I can make an app that will write the info to a file when the song is changed, would that be enough? ... then you forwad the data with your own code.Thats ok, but I would prefer something without writing to disk. But if there is no other way its better than nothing :blush:

something like artistEOLtrackEOLalbum ?
If possible + length (min/sec), frequency (kHz), bitrate (kbps) and Mono/Stereo, please :rolleyes:

again sorry it took me so long to reply... :blush:No pronlem and thanks for help :thumbup:

donny
05-15-2006, 11:09 AM
not necessary to write to disk, it's just easy that way and you can do with the data whatever you want... I can send you source files for delphi how to obtain the data, and if you have source or some other way to connect to the LCD it can be done directly...

I looked at the link you sent, but being I don't speak german, I didn't see if there are any sources or apps for connecting...

Lt.Worf
05-16-2006, 03:37 AM
The scource code at the website is being developed at the moment and will come out soon ...
... but if you can mail me some source for delphi it would be perfekt and I can give to the LCD-developers and try to write some code for my own.

Thanks.

donny
05-20-2006, 06:37 AM
OK,
will do so soon :)

donny
05-20-2006, 05:51 PM
about delphi code
first you need imported dbpowramp libraries... don't worry it's not a problem you just lokate the dBScripting.dll and then import it into delphi... I think the option is on the type menu or somthing like that...
I also think that there is a way to directly use the COM objects but it doesn't change things much...

I have this file if you need it, but as said it is easy to make one...

so you need the line

uses
DBPOWERAMPLib_TLB;

and now you have access to the TMultiPlayer and TAmp class. You will be using the TMultiPlayer like this:

var
dap: TMultiPlayer;

and init it as :

dap:= tmultiplayer.create(Form1);

now you can access the fields easy as :

Label1.Caption := dap.artist + ' - ' + dap.Track;
Label2.caption := inttostr( dap.position div 1000 div 60)+
':'+inttostr( dap.position div 1000 mod 60);
txt1.caption := txt1.caption + ' / '
+ inttostr( dap.length div 1000 div 60)
+':'+inttostr( dap.length div 1000 mod 60);

so the first label will show i.e. "Brian May - Rollin' Over" and the second "0:52 / 4:36" (position is in miliseconds....)

if you want to set thing up then you can use and change dap.volume, dap.position, dap.fileplaying and some others...

if you need more help or anything just shoot ;)

oh and if their interface has a COM support than you can of course use the VB code and acces the LCD command from VB scripts (though I guess an app would be wiser than script)

Lt.Worf
05-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks very much for your help.
I will try to write some code ...

P.S. It is possible to get album, frequency, bitrate and stereo-mode too ?
Changing Volume and skip forward or backward would be nice too ...

P.S. It never get email notofications from this forum, is there something wrong ?

LtData
05-22-2006, 09:36 AM
E-mail notifications of new posts and pop-up notifications of private messages doesn't work. I don't know why, but it doesn't.

donny
05-22-2006, 06:18 PM
as far as I know almost all the data are available... anyway most of the common data, you don't have holders for stuff like writer or such but for the standard tags the support is there....

if you write in delhpi then just type in "dap." and wait for it to show the popdown menu - it will display all the available fields - including album and volume... time I allready showed you - you just go and change the pos field....

Lt.Worf
05-27-2006, 05:07 AM
Thanks very much.