PDA

View Full Version : dBpowerAMP CD Writer Beta 1

Spoon
10-03-2002, 02:50 AM
It only took me just over 1 year to get around to write a CD writer, but here it is. This one is about 50% complete, it will free beta over a 2 month period, after which hopefully I will have reached 100% complete, it will then switch to shareware, costing a very nominal sum.

** Before installing make sure you have the latest beta of dBpowerAMP Music Converter (also in this beta section), then install the CD Writer:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMPCDWriter.exe

698KB

After installtion an icon for the CD writer is created in Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter >> dBpowerAMP CD Writer, but that is not how you choose files for the CD yet (it will do later as one of many ways to create an audio cd), to create an audio CD, right click on a bunch of mp3/wma/wave/whatever files that dMC can handle >> Convert To >> Audio CD

One word of note, part of the 50% that is not completed is the ability to write MP3 CDs, it is Standard Audio CDs only for now, click convert and they are added to a virtual disk, repeat until it is full then click 'Burn' in the CD Writer (that displays after each write).

I plan to also add a CD Label Writer.

Let me know how you get on, views, whatever else...

Razgo
10-03-2002, 03:04 AM
works for me :thumbup:

SOT
10-03-2002, 12:21 PM
Itīs working as you described, just takes a little time to "convert" to the audio CD list.

Something I really miss is the right click and burn on the mmc window. Otherwise itīs working fine...

Spoon
10-03-2002, 01:35 PM
You should get a right click >> Convert To >> Audio CD in MyMusicCollection and dAP

Sky
10-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Been poking around with the betas for a while.. this is a nice addition.. however:

1. Could the option be added in the drop down menu for 80min (700MB) CD-R ?? These have become more popular here in the stores around me and are what more people use, I think.

2. Also, are the converted tracks automatically normalized for the audio cd??

And while I find the CD layout to be a VERY nice interface ( as is ALL of your program ), I would prefer if I could to just create a "playlist" OR "enqueue" some tracks in MMC and highlight those and EXPORT to CD.. without the additional layout screen. I think this would be a more convenient function. But then what do I know :) Perhaps the layout is needed for the label options?

Always been a great program. Thanks!! :D

hiperpinguino
10-06-2002, 01:51 AM
Well, it works, and I think it was worth the wait, but there are still some rather annoying problems happening with it.

First of all, when burning a selection of tracks from MMC, the tracks were misnamed when they opened in the writer screen. That's the big one.

On another note, I figured out how to change the disc size and whatnot, but I can't see why you shouldn't be able to do that from the write CD window. Come to think of it, is there really anything you CAN do from the write screen, aside from change track order? It'd be nice to at least see a "create CD" button added in there somehow.

Also, you've got your "Play Album" option in MMC; why not "Burn Album"? That'd be nice :happy:

An option to burn at 16x would be nice too...

Anyway, great work.

hiperpinguino
10-06-2002, 01:56 AM
Oh, and one more idea:

What if DMC could rip a cd and burn a copy at the same time? That way you could easily copy a cd both to MMC and to another CD, which would be very nice. Might even make it worth paying for this CD burner over the Nero that came free with my drive... :supersmil

Razgo
10-06-2002, 02:20 AM
with MMC you just highlite all the tracks you want burnt then right click-->convert-->audio cd.

to me thats the same as burn album.

Razgo
10-06-2002, 02:26 AM
i haven't experienced any misnamed tracks yet, it missed a letter or something?

hiperpinguino
10-06-2002, 04:20 PM
The way I see it, if it's worth the trouble to make a Play Album function, it should also be worth making a Burn Album function. I guess some of us are just lazier than others... :)

As for the misnamed tracks... the first two tracks or so are okay, but then it starts using names twice...

Example:
If I were to select the following tracks to burn in MMC...

"track a"
"track b"
"track c"
"track d"
"track e"
"track f"

Then in the burn window they would appear something like...

"track a"
"track b"
"track c"
"track c"
"track d"
"track d"

Remember, the actual files are the same, and it doesn't really matter once the cd is burned. Only problem is, it's hard to arrange a cd if the only way to know which song is which is by track length :sad:

Spoon
10-06-2002, 05:18 PM
Thanks Staf,

I have found that bug, I will upload a new beta when I get the mp3 cd side of things working.

Razgo
10-06-2002, 05:38 PM
by "burn album button" do you mean?

you want to be able to start the cd writer and click on a "burn album" button that would then open a window browser for you to select your album folder?

if so, I like that idea also.

hiperpinguino
10-06-2002, 08:16 PM
For "Burn Album," I had two ideas, really. First of all, in MMC, instead of selecting all the tracks in an album and then choosing "write cd" from the pulldown menu, it'd be nice to be able to click on any track in an album and select "burn album" and burn all tracks available for that particular album, ordered by track number.

Also, a "burn new cd" feature in the cd writer window would be nice, making the cd writer window a workable program in itself, instead of only being usable after using dmc.

Spoon
10-13-2002, 04:38 PM
Beta Replaced