PDA

View Full Version : scripting documentation?

bobb
03-25-2006, 02:05 AM
Spoon and other...

Is there a comprehensive doc for this baby I failed to see here?

So far I am having prob. where I keep AddFromFile, then something happends, and I have to abort (not run convertion), but then those ADD'ed file don't go away, next time I run the thing, the old files are picked up (not good). I tried dMC.Close () and dMC.Quit(), in the hope that they clear things up - nope.

TIA

LtData
03-25-2006, 02:18 AM
See here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer-scripting-dmc.htm

AlexRakia
08-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Documentationon how to communicate with the various Codecs programatically?
using any possible way...
This definately needs to have a separate documentation. I'm sure many developpers have spent lot of time to twist the various encoders to various conversion jobs.

COM ? Command line ? Registry change? asd

LtData
08-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Command line is coming with dMC r12. See this section of the forum as well as the link above for more helpful tips.

Since dMC r12 will include command line support, I assume there will be new documentation to reflect the new options available.

Spoon
08-08-2006, 04:04 PM
R11.5 control many codec settings from the registry (or let it just use the last used setting).

AlexRakia
08-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the fast responses!

How could I control that in the registry?
what is there to do in order to "set" a Conversion format and then change it to another format and so on ?
(assuming that I don't mind manipulating the registry before each file's conversion as needed)...

Spoon
08-09-2006, 05:19 PM
The registry is only used to access the compression options of non-standard compressors (ie not wave or mp3).

Have a look around:

HKCU\Software\Illustrate\dbpoweramp

AlexRakia
08-14-2006, 04:30 AM
Thanks, but the registry entries are not sufficient to control all the conversion options that one can choose.

Let me ask you this:
Can one control the codecs directly?
Is there is an ActiveX that I can communicate with to control the conversion to RealAudio for instance?

What other ActiveXes can be used to communicate with the Converter? I know you have this nice.

How could I try ou the version 12 of the convertor? I didn't see any download link...

LtData
08-14-2006, 07:08 AM
The registry should contain all of the options that you can choose manually. Try setting them to what you want, then looking at the registry. Normally, only the last used codec's options are in the registry folder.

There is a link to the dMC r12 alpha in my signature a few lines below this sentence.