PDA

View Full Version : 'The output file 'Pimpf' could not be opened.

Violator101
03-24-2006, 11:03 AM
When I try to convert some of my .cda files to .mp3 I get the above messahe (Pimpf being an example of the song name). This happens on original cd's and CDR's. Any ideas what I am doing wrong??

New to this forum and dbpower having only bought it a coupe of weeks ago. Please be gentle. :komisch9:

Steve

xoas
03-24-2006, 01:02 PM
This situation might arise if you started with a trial version of the Power Pack and dBpowerAMP Music Converter and the trial expired. You say you purchased the software. Did you download and install the registered (purchased) version of the software? You can check to see if you are running the registered version by checking dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) Configuration (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration). Does this show that you have a registered version of the Power Pack?

Another possibility is that there is a problem with the mp3 settings you are using. What bit setting, bitrate, frequency, and channels setting are you using for the mp3 files you are trying to create?

Another possibility is that there is some problem with the original tracks. One test is to see whether you can play the track(s) in questions (the ones that give this error message when you try to rip them) but even better is to try a test conversion of these tracks. This is done the same as you would a regular conversion or (in this case) rip except that in the menu where you set your output file format instead of selecting Mp3 (Lame) you will select Test Conversion (No Write). This will not create any output file but it will very quickly tell you if dMC can test convert the files/tracks in question. If a track does not test convert it means that dMC cannot successfully read the track. This could happen because the music is in a format that dMC cannot read or it could be that the disk is damaged (or file is otherwise corrupted) in some way.

Some CDs may be copy protected and some home made CDs made using copy protected tracks from other sources may not be rippable but I tend to think that this is not your issue (copy protection tends to create a different set of issues than you report).

So check your dMC Configuration to make sure you have the Power Pack correctly installed and able to create mp3 files. If you are satisfied that this is not the problem, try test converting some of these tracks. If they test convert OK but still won't rip to mp3, please share your mp3 settings. Also tell us about what Windows version you are using and any other details that might be helpful (does this occur with only a few, with many or with all of your CDs; does it occur only with certain tracks when it occurs or will it always give the error for every track on a CD; are you accessing the CD through Audio CD Input or Windows Explorer).

Best wishes,
Bill

Violator101
03-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the advice. Converting to computer and then copy and pasting to my mobile works a treat.

Regards

Steve.

:komisch9: