PDA

View Full Version : MAREO: instructions for adding it to dbpamp ...

kwanbis
03-04-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm adding instruction to configure MAREO for dbpamp, but MAREO is getting no command line:

You need to download and install the Generic CLI. Define MAREO command line by running Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter >> Create Generic CLI.

1. Shown Name: MAREO
2. Use Cli Encoder: (browse for) mareo.exe
3. File Extension: the file extension of the 1st format you are going to encode into

Press Create, and then close this dialog box. Start dBpowerAMP and press the Options button.

Under the Audio CD Input Options, in Rip to, select MAREO, uncheck Write ID tags, and press Settings button.

Check and confirm MAREO.exe location, and press OK.

In Command Line, complete with: mareo.ini [InFile] [OutFile] [IDArtist] [IDAlbum] [IDTrack] [IDTrackNumber] [IDYear] [IDGenre] and press OK.

when i look at the LOG, says:

Codec Error 'MAREO - Multiple Applications Runner for EAC and Others - GPL Licensed

No Enought Parameters Received:

*** Received Command Line ***

as if it got NO command line. Any ideas?

gameplaya15143
03-04-2006, 08:44 PM
enabling CLI debug might help:

open regedit, navigate to:
hkey_current_user/software/illustrate/dbpoweramp

add dword "CLIDebug"

set to 1 to turn it on

i havent used MAREO so i don't even know what it does... but i will probably learn soon..

ChristinaS
03-04-2006, 08:54 PM
How is this MAREO different from the multi-encoder? http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=8314

kwanbis
03-04-2006, 09:42 PM
MAREO allows fo unlimited encoders, it supports dual file encoders, and pre and post processors ... and is the original multiple encoders runner (TM) ;) ... i don't knwo how it comapres, i thinks they should be pretty similar, but is a matter of giving choice to the users ... i actually use dbpoweramp, but also use MAREO ... did my instruction feel right?

kwanbis
03-04-2006, 09:44 PM
MAREO (dizziness in spanish) is a special command line encoder for CD rippers, that has the ability to execute multiple encoders for each track ripped, allowing to encode to multiple music formats (MP3, FLAC, etc) at the same time. Once properly configured, a CD ripper, after each successful ripped track, would call MAREO as if it where a command line (CLI) encoder, whom in turn would execute all the encoders it has been instructed to, passing them the required parameters such as source and destination file, album author, album name, track number, track name, album date, album genre, etc. It can also be used to execute pre and post-processor programs, like WaveGain and MP3Gain respectively. And is also capable of understanding/handling "multi-file-generator" encoders, like OptimFROG and WavPack. It is usually used, for example, to rip to FLAC (for archival) and MP3 (for MP3 Player use), or to MPC (for PC playing) and to Ogg Vorbis (for portable playing).

MAREO comes pre-configured, and has been tested to work with: LAME, Ogg Vorbis, MusePack, iTunes (w/iTunesEncode), QuickTime Pro (w/Qutibacoas), Nero AAC (w/NAACenc), FLAC, OptimFROG (including correction file), WavPack (even hybrid with correction file), WaveGain, MP3Gain, WAPET, and foobar2000.

MAREO is an open source/GPL-licensed application developed using Borland's Delphi, and is my (very) humble contribution to the excellent Hydrogenaudio community.

http://www.webearce.com.ar/

LtData
03-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Moved to the Developer section, as it regarding the Generic CLI encoder and not dMC itself really.

Spoon
03-05-2006, 12:18 PM
mareo.ini [InFile] [OutFile] [IDArtist] [IDAlbum] [IDTrack] [IDTrackNumber] [IDYear] [IDGenre]

How does mareo know which paramater is which? at the very least you need to put quotes around items, and perhaps an identifier

such as -a="[IDArtist]"

if a was for artist.

kwanbis
03-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Hi spoon, sorry i didn't understand your question. What i want, is to pass MAREO, the:

source dest artist album title track year genre

that dbpoweramp has before ripping an album. The CLI example reads:

ID Tags such as Artist can be passed to the CLI Encoder by using [IDArtist] [IDTrack] [IDAlbum] [IDGenre] [IDYear] [IDComment] [IDTrackNumber], for example if I wanted to pass these tags in a way Lame.exe could understand my command line would be:

[InFile] [OutFile] --r3mix --ta "[IDArtist]" --tt "[IDTrack]" --tl "[IDAlbum]" --tg "[IDGenre]" --ty "[IDYear]" --tc "[IDComment]" --tn "[IDTrackNumber]"

EDIT: i can add quotes right, i don't need to identify the, as MAREO expects them in a pre-defined order.

Spoon
03-11-2006, 02:49 PM
The quotes would definately be needed, if an item was "" or The Strokes, as an artist would fall in to the 2nd field.

kwanbis
03-20-2006, 07:29 AM
dbpoweramp is passing nothing to MAREO, even if i complete the ARTIST/ALBUM fields.

Spoon
03-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Hold the mouse over a file, if the popup says dbpoweramp it will say wether it can read the id tags.

kwanbis
03-20-2006, 04:03 PM
using the debug option, i get this on the clipboard:

"C:\Encoders\mareo.exe" mareo.ini C:\~dmcin.wav C:\~dmcout.mp3 "[Artist]" "[Album]" "" "" "" ""

and my encoder settings are:

mareo.ini [InFile] [OutFile] "[Artist]" "[Album]" "[IDTrack]" "[IDTrackNumber]" "[IDYear]" "[IDGenre]"

MAREO reports *** Received Command Line ***:

"C:\Encoders\mareo.exe" mareo.ini C:\~dmcin.wav C:\~dmcout.mp3 "[Artist]" "[Album]" "" "" "" ""

so, why, if the Artist reads U2, and Album reads The Best Of 1980-1990, it is not being passed to MAREO? why not the track name/number/genre/etc?

kwanbis
03-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Hold the mouse over a file, if the popup says dbpoweramp it will say wether it can read the id tags.
this is a problem of dbpamp not passing the correct parameters to MAREO.

Spoon
03-21-2006, 04:51 PM
>mareo.ini [InFile] [OutFile] "[Artist]" "[Album]" "[IDTrack]" "[IDTrackNumber]" "[IDYear]" "[IDGenre]"

Should be

mareo.ini [InFile] [OutFile] "[IDArtist]" "[IDAlbum]" "[IDTrack]" "[IDTrackNumber]" "[IDYear]" "[IDGenre]"

kwanbis
03-21-2006, 09:47 PM
you where right on that one, but now i get:

"C:\Encoders\mareo.exe"mareo.ini C:\~dmcin.wav C:\~dmcout.mp3 "" "" "" "" "" ""

and i have all the fields completed.

(notice also that there is no space between the first parameter (mareo.ini)

LtData
03-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Well it makes sense, because an input WAV cannot have tags.

kwanbis
03-22-2006, 06:47 AM
It is ripping from CD to MP3. dbpamp has all the info, and needs only to pass it to the encoder, so it can use it. It doesn't makes sence.

Spoon
03-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Very odd, the tags are going missing, but where?

kwanbis
03-22-2006, 03:34 PM
i really don't know, they are loaded on dbpamp ... cause i see them, so dbpamp should be passing them to MAREO, but it is not :|. As you may know, i use dbpamp myself, and MAREO is free/gpl, so i'm trying to make it work out of curiosity mostly. Have you tried it?

also, why is that is not space being passed between the command line and the first parameter?

kwanbis
03-29-2006, 02:15 PM
no ideas?

Spoon
03-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Sorry no.

gameplaya15143
03-31-2006, 11:03 PM
I finally have a weekend to mess with stuff...

I will attempt to use mareo to apply replaygain (with vorbisgain) to my ogg vorbis files automatically after I rip a CD.

In theory, mareo should be able to do this correct?

gameplaya15143
04-01-2006, 09:26 PM
well... i honestly don't think that mareo will work with dmc

how does mareo determine when something is the 'last song'?

the way dmc works... mareo would be called for each track seperately... and after mareo is done with one track, it has to close (lets dmc know its done running).. then dmc moves on to the next track

i might be wrong on that... so.. spoon, you wrote dmc, so you can explain it better than me ;)

kwanbis
05-05-2006, 12:08 PM
MAREO works with Exact Audio Copy (EAC), Plextools Professional XL, Audiograbber, foobar2000, CDex, all CD rippers, that work the same as dbpoweramp. MAREO works like any CLI encoder, but somehow, i can't make dbpoweramp pass parameters not only to MAREO, but to LAME, or whatever.

Spoon
05-06-2006, 11:22 AM
The CLI encoder is very shortly due for a rewrite for R12 (as soon as File Selector and CD Ripper are done), this issue will be addressed then.