title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Merged tracks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fetta
    • Nov 2005

Merged tracks

Is there anyway to merge or join tracks during or after ripping them? There are many tracks (and some entire albums) that were meant to be joined and the delay that is automatically inserted between these tracks is a bit of an annoyance.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Merged tracks

With the Power Pack, you can use the "Rip as One" feature to keep tracks or even a full album/cd without ant additional pauses. You will not be able to access the tracks separately since they will be only a single merged track. You could also rip tracks separately if you want to maintain the ability to access tracks singly.

Your other possibility is to look at how you are ripping your tracks and how you are playing them. Mp3, for example, is known to add a slight gap at the end of each track. To overcome this, you could use the Blade mp3 codec (from Codec Central) which is supposed to support gapless playback. Or you could use a format(i believe ogg vorbis is one) that supports gapless playback.

None of this will help (aside from "Rip as One") if you are using a player that does not support gapless playback. Then you are left with "Rip as One" or switching to a different player (or adjusting the settings if you have a player that can support gapless playback but which is not configured to do so.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please add the pertinant details about your player(s) and your needs and what you have been doing to try to achieve those needs.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• Fetta
      • Nov 2005

Re: Merged tracks

Thanks much.

Comment

• robinashworth
        • Jun 2008

Re: Merged tracks - Where is "rip as one"

I've just started using dbpoweramp (reference 12.4) so please be gentle..
        My question is - where is the "rip as one" feature please?
        I use this mainly for audio books, copied so I can listen on MP3 player, where the track silence is not required (indeed one track per CD would be ideal!)

Thanks
        Robin

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Re: Merged tracks - Where is "rip as one"

R11 had this feature, R12 did not (it was a complete rewrite), it has re-appeared in R13
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>