title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Keeping discs out of AccurateRip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdBrady
    • Jul 2009

Keeping discs out of AccurateRip

Is there a way to keep the CD Ripper from submitting certain CDs to the AccurateRip database?

Here's why I ask... I record analog material onto CD-RWs using an audio CD recorder. I then use CD Ripper to transfer this material to my computer for editing and storage.

Obviously, these CDs don't belong in the AccurateRip database, so is there a way I can make sure they're not submitted?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Keeping discs out of AccurateRip

No, CD-Rs are not a problem for AR.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EdBrady
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      No, CD-Rs are not a problem for AR.
      You mean that it just ignores them? That's what I was hoping. I have since set up a profile for ripping my "CDs from analog," and have it set not to query AccurateRip. Not sure if this keeps it from submitting also.

I recently ran into another problem. On one of my discs, up came a list of song titles/artist names, all of them incorrect, of course. The GD3 service thought it identified my disc as a commercial disc, apparently.

This presented an interesting problem: How do I get rid of the incorrect info? I tried deleting everything in the metadata screen (the one you get with Alt-M), but this didn't do any good. I eventually un-checked "GD3" and "dBpoweramp cache" from the metadata sources, ejected and re-inserted the disc, and all was fine -- but this was a bit of a pain.

So, in case this should happen again, is there:

1. An easy way to clear all the metadata?

and:

2. A profile option to tell the CD Ripper not to query for metadata?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Your CD-R might appear in the database, but would not effect the database in that only someone with an identical CD-R would be effected.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>